Party = bring cyber gift, ornament, kid, husband,wife,so

Star*

call 911........call 911
Good evening family,

In years past if you have gotten a Christmas card from me, you may have noticed the return address of Dragon :censored2: ranch. This is because we love dragons and donkeys. OH go on - it's because of DF - and the name Round Tuit was gone.

Tonight I would like to kick off the 2007 CD Board Christmas Party. We have a huge ranch, a two story sprawling log home with an enormous great room and 10' fireplace. We've drug in the yule log and the smell of sandalwood is just snaking through the air. DF has thrown color sticks into the blaze and the poping embers are dancing in spectacular yellows, blues, greens, and pinks - ever changing.

The temperature is dropping and a soft,slow, glistening light snow has begun with the largest edible snow flakes imaginable. We've been working to get the Fresian horses and donkeys in their own stalls close to the live nativity scene. The camel due to major unpopularity at last years event will now wear a spit bib. And next to the manger we've set up a candle light shrine for those of you who may want to pause a moment and reflect on your year, restore hope for the year to come, or simply light a candle for a loved one that can't be with you this year.

This year we thought it would be wonderful to have you and your entire family. I sent out the survey cards in September and got every one of them back - so there is a favorite food here to please you all. There are a number of desserts, and beverages. There's apple cider, wassail, and you can smell the cinnamon all through the lodge - as it comes fresh out of the oven in the kitchenette off the Great room. There are carmel apples, shrip cocktail, sushi, smoked salmon, cheese balls. (whispers) if nvts brings butter soup or chirpys there will be a fancy trash can on our back deck labled Live bait, and well send it to the fishermen. (luv U n)

Any wine you can wish for I'll be glad to pull up from our cellar. The brew house is temporarily out of dark lager - but we've got some nice import, some very aged barrel whiskey and the most delicious coffee you've ever sipped. I hired a barista who specializes in cream designs - it's amazing. When she sent me her resume I flipped over the pictures. So prepare for coffee art.

Out on the deck some folks have already decided to make use of the cabanas and the hot tubs covered in snow - and on the lower deck since they were in town anyway Trans Siberian Orchestra has agreed to give us a show sans the pyrotechnics...the donkeys don't like flame throwers. As you enter the front door please hang your ornament on the 12' blue spruce - the tree has outgrown the space and will have to be planted in the Spring - when the holidays are over all ornaments will be sent to an auction house and sold. The proceeds will be given to maintain the CD board and buy the owner a small gift.

WELCOME ALL CHILDREN! We've scoured the globe to find the best mentors, and sitters none lower than a Ph.d to monitor our children. Better than Residential Treatment Center (RTC) there is a 1/3 ratio. There are two barns - younger kids & babys in the red barn and in the other barn Tweens and Teens. Each place will offer a variety of games, prizes for everyone before they leave, ice skating, sleigh rides around the pond, a huge bon fire and for their entertainment a DJ will play a variety of popular tunes mixed with carols. Any child wishing to visit the Santa's workshop and either make or pick out a gift for their parents should go there before they enter the candy store. ALL sugar free but tastes so yummy. Chestnuts will be roasted on an open fire so they know that they really exist and head, face and body gear will be provided for sledding.

If you are usually a "party widow" fear not - as I know the look Sorta like deer in the headlights or "NO honey you go it's YOUR kind of party" so - down close to the second pond there will be ice fishing in our stocked trout and catfish pond. If your man prefers to hunt we've arranged with our neighbors who raise wild Russian boars and some freaky kind of huge African deer - to take a bus load of men from here on safari. All processing is done on site and shipped to your home. You can keep what you catch.

And finally I've asked Timer Lady to play the Yamaha Grand piano and when you hear the bell ding - please join us in singing some good old fashioned Carols and a round about the lodge will begin - if you've never been on a round about - you're in for a treat - the 'train' of people teaming through the entire house sings and changes direction at will depending on the leader or the end man.

Shuttle service to and from your vehicle will be provided, and a valet will warm your vehicle 5 minutes before you are ready to leave - give them just a wee notice. Also your gift will be donated to charity to raise money for research for our kids. Don't forget to get your goody bag as you leave - this year it's supposed to be a secret but there is a gift certificate in the bag for everyone to go to Disney or take a DIsney cruise and stay a week (sitter is included)!

Please come - leave your worries behind - let's enjoy each other's company, rejoyce in the fact that we are together - and have a great time -

Many hugs -
Star

My ornament is just a simple silver star -

wakeupcall

Oh Star, thanks so much for the invitation!!!! I need to run out to the store and see if what I would like to bring is still available after such a rush around this holiday. The escape sounds absolutely wonderful. I shall return...don't start without me!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Thank you. I will be there with my green shirt, black Christmas vest with reindeer and bells. I have my Christmas light necklace on also. I will enjoy every moment.

Thank you so much.

Beth

Lothlorien

Well, you certainly know how to throw a partaaaayyy! I'ma commin! Sounds like you've got the food all covered, so I'm just bringing the bathing suit and towel.

I'll have a smooth glass of red zinfandel...please. Did you remember to call Orlando and Raoul?

We'll be there. If you don't have someone already, I'd like to do the recitation of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" at the younger kid's barn.

Drinks? I'll take a mocha latte with peppermint, thanks; wife will have Irish coffee.

Marguerite

OK, we're in, as long as we have cyber-access at this end. The kids are busy - easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2 are working right up until Christmas.

I'll provide a mass transporter portal so we can get easy child 2/difficult child 2 to bring lots of fresh Aussie summer fruit home from her shop and we can zap them across. Cherries, mangoes, strawberries, peaches & plums. Pineapples, kiwifruit, coconuts, limes, ginger, bananas. We'd love to come and play in the snow and experience a real winter Christmas. Anyone wanting brief respite can duck into the mass transportation portal and zap across to our summer beach for some vital Vitamin D therapy. Remember, when it's darkest in your area, it's pure sunshiny daytime here. But the main event is at Star's place, so we shouldn't play on the beach too long - just a few minutes, so we don't miss the snow fight.

As for drinks - I do a pretty good Irish cream, by the jugful. Good for any season!

Marg

Well Star ~ what a lovely gift! I had no idea there was such an organization for donkeys. And whichever way we learn about cruelty, we are changed in every way for the better, because we have seen through different eyes.

Very nice.

My ornament is spun glass, and reflects the light.

I believe I will leave husband here. In my fantasy of our Christmas party this year, I am curled up in something warm and comfortable (and probably ~ no, definitely) in my pink flannel pajamas. We all are there, and the fire is as beautiful a fire as any of us has ever seen.

Sometimes we talk?

But mostly, we don't have to.

It's a time out of time for us.

It's snowing....

As others arrive?

Their cheeks are bright pink and their eyelashes are sparkled with snow.

Barbara

Star,

I AM SOOOOO THERE!!! Leaving this minute! Mind sending me the mapquest directions to my phone? I might get lost in the snow! May I ride your Fresian while I am there? Can't afford one, but sure would love to ride one through the snow!! Can you have your coffee person work on the most perfect cuppa peppermint mocha as I have come to enjoy the ones at Starbucks!

Instead of a Disney trip, can I just stay at your place for a week, sans kids?!?!?!?!?!?! Sounds amazing!!!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, Star I am on my way!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh this is so wonderful glad to have you. I told DF last night to expect around 840 give or take for dinner - he's thrilled.

Pam - It wouldn't be a party without you! Can't wait to see your gift and ornament!

HWGA - I've ordered a super comfortable elk antler rocker with memory foam and have several stage hands at the ready for your interpretation and reading - thank you so much WHAT a generous gift.

Beth - YOU look LOVELY and you sound so festive!!

Lothlorien - Orlando was down in the wine cellar, getting all elfish - he's down there now looking for a very special bottle of wine for a very special lady. We're sure it's YOU.

Marg - THANK YOU for the lovely Aussie fruit - I LOVE Kiwi. And how thoughtful for you to give us access to a daylit sandy beach and travel port - so very sweet - I may pop over there myself but know I will be entering the water in a knights armor - I watch Nat GEO!

Vicky - Do you ride English or Western? Sidesaddle? I have groomsmen who live in the stables - whenever you're ready to go - let them know - riding in snow is big fun for the Frezzy's.

Scent of Cedar - Your ornament is astounding - the refractals in the moon light are so awesome - and the jammies? Pink? Lovely! In between taking the pecan cinnamon cinnabon rolls out - we'll have a deep chat. Thanks for looking at the rescue donkeys - so sweet.

I can't wait to see what your cyber gifts are and what your ornaments look like - post the link for the gift funny or serious -doesn't matter - we're all just going to have a great time.

DammitJanet

Ok star...Im gonna call Jamie and have him load up his little troop and then we are headed down with the rest of us. The men folk cant wait to go hunting and fishing while the little ones have fun in the barn.

I will bring some NC pecans to share. (Pronounced Pea cans!)

My ornament for the tree will be a special one to me. It is one of two that Cory made for me when he was in Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Its an origami bird in flight.

I cant wait to see everyone!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We have the Moose ready and loaded with treats, it will be a long hike from Idaho. But they can canter pretty fast!!!

Idaho Moose are pretty dern fast. The girls made Dreamcatchers for everyone... with Osprey feathers... and hide and bone and antler we found on hikes.

Have a Glass or Bottle of Pinot Noir ready for my frosty buns I mean lips.... can't wait to see y'all...

we are fans of the donkey... we used to breed mules and have donkeys...

happymomof2

O.K. Star, we are also on our way - we have all our bags packed - we must bring our 2 cats and our snake, promise to keep the snake under control.

The reason we need to bring our animals is because we won't be leaving your place - EVER - yep we are moving in.

I can tell by your invite that you are a wonderful, generous, loving family.

See ya soon

wakeupcall

WHEW!!! That took me awhile....I had to gather the geckos (pronounced: geh-kos) and explain they would have to live without us here in the south for awhile (might be a loooong while)! Although I don't love living in snow at all, I DO love it to watch and listen (love the quiet) and visit....always knowing there IS a south. Anyway, while I was gathering them, naturally their tails broke off, so I thought I'd made a spiny ornament with them. I'll have to be creative, so it may take me a bit (I've not got a creative bone in my body), but it will be unique, I assure you.

The only others in this house are husband and difficult child (and my Yorkies that I wouldn't ever leave).....neither husband nor difficult child have the brains to understand what we're doing, so I just told them to GET INTO THE CAR!!!!!! While they sit there waiting for me, I'm going to come up with a gift. Are we going to have a Chinese gift exchange?

I can't remember WHEN I've been so excited over a Christmas party!! YYYYYYAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!! :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet - It's Pea Kahn - LMyankeeBO I'll need those for the PEECAN twirleys -
And the ornaments are certainly a treasure = can't wait to see the boys and the kiddos, you and husband.

And you know of course we have dog sitters, cat sitters, rat sitters, snake handlers, gecko environments, this is where the kids from Nat Geo come to vacation - bring the critters - we'll have plenty of crickets. OH and there will be a petting zoo with Santa Clause - and OH my gosh you should hear him laugh - he shakes like a bowl full of jelly, and he has the most azure blue twinkling eyes, and his suit - is nearly indescribably Christmas - it's a little darker red than I thought it would be - and the reindeer really did laugh at Rudolph, but we explained that there are different people with disabilities and now they humbly defend the disabled.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto - I know moose are fast. When I was in ND - I thought it was a log a BIG HUGE LOG with antlers and well probably poop, but I wasn't looking for that. I love the donkey rescue calendar - I may order that for myself. And your gift of Defenders of Wildlife is awesome! I'm a member too. And the ornaments? I may have to buy yours - we love natural stuff - I have a neat display with feathers and a bison jaw - I got it at 7 nations store in Mandan, ND. Awesome place.

Happy Mom of2 - I LOVE SNAKES -and the cats will have a flipping good time in our state of the art cattery. There's even a huge wheel to run on, and catnip is grown fresh here in our greenhouses - chives too if they like them.

Pam - I have never seen an ornament made from a Gecko - but don't stress them out - just bring them - we have a reptile room and an aviary for birds - and a place for all the animals - and of course the Yorkies will be IN the main house with us!! Nope no Chinese exchange - all the gifts will be donated in hopes of raising money for research of our kiddos. Although I suspect someone not named will bring mooose poopsicles.

It is SO good to know you all are coming!

F

flutterbee

Oh, Star, you are absolutely the board angel.

I am soooo excited, I could pee. I can hardly wait to get there! difficult child has knitted scarfs for everyone and easy child is bringing Guitar Hero for the tween/teen barn (never leave home without it!).

My gift is: www.aspca.org/

And my ornament is a bronze donkey carrying the weary home.

wakeupcall

Uh oh, gotta start over again. I missed the part of where we were donating the gifts.....mine would NOT be appropriate. DARN! I'm still coming...................

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wynter - It's sounding more and more like the DARanch will have to cough up a little more cash for these totally cool DONKEY!!!! ornaments!! I'm sure everyone will cherish their scarf!! and THANK YOU to difficult child for bringing Guitar hero - I couldn't find mine and was not outbidding at 9,000.00 - thats a lot of sweet feed for us!

AND PEARS AND KIWI - (grabs pear from basket and sits in corner) naughm naughm naughm....

The ASPCA and myself than you (member also) You made a home possible for a sweet orphan.

Pam - Any gift you bring will be fine - I bet you can take good pictures - of Geckos!!??

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh...I'm looking for my credit card to get a ticket there. What could I bring. Hmmm...I could bring some cards and chips and we could have a great poker game. Pennies, of course.

Abbey