I don't even know where to begin - I "aquired" two little boys when I married their father. They were 3 and 7 at the time, and had been living with their mom - a junkie, and her new husband, also a junkie. Her new husband beat her in front of the kids and the two of them were high all of the time. When we got custody they couldn't even use silverware properly. They were completely out of control. The youngest was kicked out of daycare, the oldest spent most of 2nd grade in ISS. We went through several therapists and psychiatrists who simply said ADHD and gave them some medications. I discovered that the oldest -RP- was lying through his teeth to the various Doctors. So I finally called social services and asked them who they send foster kids too and made an appointment with that guy. We were able to get him in, but not until after he was suspended from 4th grade for a knife at school (there were several other suspentions but that was the one the ended with him missing the entire last 2 months of the school year). In the mean time he'd become physically violent with me. The new Dr has been a godsend, but they can only help as much as the kid is willing to work. RP is diagnosed with ADHD, Depression, PTSD, and ODD. As he gets older, things have gone from bad to worse - we have holes in the walls of our house, and though his little brother is now doing very well, RP is both verbally and physically abusive to him. We're now at the end of the 5th grade year and we've dealt with theft, bomb threats, physical violence, holes in the wall, more weapons, death threats towards both his biological mom and myself (I'm Step Mom) and ended with him spending the last week in acute care at a mental facility after trying to hang himself with his belt, then attacking his brother, stealing, and kicking yet another hole in a wall. My current dilemma is this - his Dr wants him in residential for 6-12 months for "reprogramming" however my insurance doesn't have any coverage for sub-acute residential, and his mom's medicaid is denying that he needs it. He comes home tomorrow even though every Dr there says he needs to go to residential. I can't afford $600 per day for 12 months, and if the medicaid won't cover it, I guess we're stuck. I don't want to wait for a court order, I want him to get the help he needs NOW. Does anyone have any ideas... I'm so exhausted and he's not even my kid. I'm becoming so resentful that I don't even want to see him. Help me think of something.