PCdaughter and surgery

everywoman

Jana saw her ortho today. Surgery is scheduled for next Thursday. She will be nonweight bearing for 8 weeks, another 6 with crutches, and then 2-4 months of PT 3X a week. He apologized for her having to go through it again and then laughingly told her---it's your luck of the draw that you've got your mom's genetics. He genuinely felt bad for Jana.

husband went with her and I met them there. When dr. walked in, he said we have two you need to see. Dr. said, I'm only going to talk to the younger one, the other is too stubborn to even deal with.LOL. He knows me well.
I know I need replacement. And although the pain is bad, on most days, with my weight in control, I can deal and take my anti's I can get by.

I love a dr. with compassion and a sense of humor.

Anyway---keep her in your prayers. And pray that the insurance company will accept her as incapititated so she will remain on my insurance until she is able to re-enroll in college for spring semester.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It must be so hard to watch her in pain and having to deal with readjusting her life compass. She is a warrior. I'm betting she will tackle this and get where she needs to be for her future.
Hugs to both of you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How about inrolling at the college for available online courses? That still lets her be "enrolled" and gives her student statis even if she only take one course. That ought to be enough to satisfy insurance, I'd think.

Glad she's now being cared for properly and has Mom watching out for her.

everywoman

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. We will need them for the next few months.

Fran, thanks for the kind thoughts. She is special. I'm not sure where she'll head next. First, she lost her dream of dance, now the military (that sounds odd since they are so opposite). She will find another though. I just hope she doesn't give up and go the way of so many of her peers. I am trying to support her as much as possible without being a pushy mom. But, she is well-grounded most of the time, so I have hope.

Daisy, that would be nice, but my insurance states she must be enrolled fulltime. Since the army didn't release her until October 9, she was too late to enroll for fall semester. She can't even enroll for online courses except for spring semester. Thanks for the suggestion though.

TerryJ2

Sending healthy thoughts and good insurance thoughts your way!
So sorry she has to go through this.
But it will be worth it. (Sorry about the genetics, too. Your turn next ... )