Peeved at difficult child 1's violin teacher...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 1 was to perform in a recital this coming Sunday. I paid $30 for him to be in this, thinking it would be a good experience. He slacked off this past month and wasn't practicing enough, and then when his teacher pulled me into the office to let us know that if difficult child 1 didn't have his piece memorized by this past Monday, he would not be able to participate. Fair enough.

Apparently the embarrassment was enough to motivate him to practice more, so that when Monday came, his teacher was satisfied with the progress.

Well, we also knew he had a soccer tournament the weekend of the recital. The games are on Saturday, so we didn't figure there would be a conflict -- we just didn't know the times of the games and whether they would conflict with his regular Saturday violin lesson. We finally got the game times YESTERDAY EVENING, and sure enough, his first game is during his regular lesson time.

So I had him call his teacher today to see if we could reschedule the lesson. Nope. All time slots are full, and if he DOESN'T come to his lesson tomorrow, he can't be in the recital. :mad:

I guess this was the excuse I needed to stop these lessons since I really need to watch our spending until husband gets another job. So I'll be calling later today after I calm down to let the teacher know that difficult child 1 won't be there tomorrow, or Sunday, or ever again. At this point, I don't even care about the $30, but I will ask for it back.

I try so hard to be flexible with people -- maybe that's why I get so frosted when confronted with others who are so RIGID. I don't know if this guy realizes he's losing a customer because HE doesn't want to look bad as the teacher. Whatever. When husband gets a job, we'll find someone else to go to who understands that life happens and you need to roll with it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well girl friend,

When you get all BOWED up - because this guy is STRINGING you along? I'd tell him off to the TUNE of about $30 a lesson and then? CASE CLOSED.

Who does he think he is ANYWAY? Stradivarius? - What an idget. Times are tough - you would think that he would appreciate the fact that your kid TOOK the initiative to practice harder and catch up, and that the financial krunk everyone is in he would be accomodating? BUT nooo this guy thinks he's Beethoven in a cat-gut suit. Yeah - I'd be looking for a new teacher too.

Grrrrrrrr GO GET EM TIGER.....sick a chicken on em.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It was $30 to participate in the recital. I was paying $120 per month for a 30 minute lesson once a week -- so it works out to $60-ish dollars an hour, depending on how many weeks are in the month.