Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) not otherwise specified or bipolar not otherwise specified or both?

M

ML

medications are such a personal choice. They do mitigate symptoms but they also bring side effects.. so it is always a balancing act between the two. Manster (13 now) has a bunch of different diagnosis but in my humble opinion the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) umbrella explains most of them; however I have had to fight professionals in this area who insist he has Tourette's Syndrome, ADD, anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (REALLY?!) I keep coming back to something Fran said a few years ago about the "diagnosis" that made as much sense as anything else was "brain wrinkle". You have to rely upon your mommy's instincts. I will say that for us, the medications have made a positive difference. The only negative is the weight gain which I attribute directly to the SSRI.

Hang in there! ML

crazymama30

ML, you are so right. I think right now? My mom gut is screaming for a medication wash. I am wondering if the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) not otherwise specified does not fit difficult child better than the bipolar diagnosis, but it could honestly be both. He has been on medications for so long, how do we even know what we are medicating anymore? I will let them continue with the seroquel for a bit longer, but I am not sold on it for him by any means. If the seroquel does not work? I don't want to trial any other medications. If that means he comes home, so be it. I am guessing we have 2 to 4 weeks left of trialing the seroquel. This is not my first choice, but I can and will start a medication wash at home, and most likely difficult child would end up at the local ER and be transferred to a psychiatric hospital.

right now? I am discouraged and miss my little boy. He may be almost 14, but he is still my little boy.