Pfizer Meds including Chantix for Free/Low Cost

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Feb 28, 2011.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I have been looking at the various drug co programs to help with the costs. There are actually more programs than I thought and they cover more meds!

I know some of y'all want to try Chantix to stop smoking. Pfizer makes it and they have some programs that you might be eligible for that help.

Connection to Care is the program that provides it for free. You must have no insurance for prescriptions, income less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines, and live in the US.

Lower income people with insurance but experiencing medical or financial hardship may be eligible even if they have insurance. This includes being unemployed.

Pfizer Friends is another program that may help. If you have a higher income but no insurance, this will give you a discount on the cost of the medications.

To find out more or to apply, go to pfizer's website - http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/pages/misc/Default.aspx

If you have insurance but it won't cover Chantix and you want to try it, call them and ask. A nurse today told me that they are really willing to work with people esp for this product.

2. mom_to_3

mom_to_3 Member

I quit smoking 4 yrs ago this month! Yay me! :) I really just wanted to encourage anyone that does smoke to try the chantix. I did and it was VERY helpful to me!