Phew on his way back

T

toughlovin

Signorina...i dont know what you are talking about lol. I did not feel you or anyone else overstepped anything. I appreciate all the responses. Your comment about him were right on and made me realize that he probably wont be going back. I am really becoming resigned asi think he will end up i jail if he stays here....and i continuento be fed up and angry. And that is the best and healthiest emotion for me to have right now.

TL

DammitJanet

Gosh...you are so right that your son wasnt nice to you to do that to you. Isnt he 20 or so? Like you said, he could have at least had the guts to just tell you to go take a hike. Guess he wants the best of both worlds, but dont they all?

Hugs...Im sure your heart is so broken. Get mad. Maybe it will help.

S

Signorina

(((hugs)))

OK - my unedited post basically stated I found it doubtful - based on my own experience - that he could simply reschedule his plane departure. IME - changing a plane ticket requires an Act of God and/or Congress and/or $300+.

And then I realized that my $0.02 was not in fact helpful - and would add to your distress. And I hit a nerve with myself because my mom is always sympathizing with me (LOL) and saying things like " OMG, I bet you worry that difficult child was totally lying to you about that time he said he was going out of town with adult chaperones. Remember how he was sick when he came home? I wonder if it was a hangover and not the flu and he had all ready started using again..."

and then I want to SCREAM "no I was not worried about that - but HEY - thanks for putting the thoughts in my head...so I can add it to the list of 2000 things I am obsessing and worrying over..."

but of course I don't say that...

And husband and I are bickering and had it OUT last night - within earshot of the kids - plus work is a PITA - AND we are going to visit difficult child on Saturday to break the ice and lay down the standards of living in our home... which has to be done b4 he comes home for TGiving. I am dreading it.

Love, Debbie Downer aka Signorina