Phone numbers...

klmno

Does anyone know of a free web site that will give me info (name or address or even if number is a land line) for a phone number that shows up?

Also, if a cell phone says a call came from "restricted" and doesn't list a phone number, is that the same as when someone has their number set to private? difficult child had snuck his cell phone back and I have now retreived it because he fell asleep with it in his hand tonight. :)

I checked incoming and outgoing calls. There are many from "restricted" and some are listed as "missed" but some he was on the phone with this caller for 20+ mins.

None are listed as blocked or private. It's an AG Altell phone, pay as you go, if that makes any difference.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
If you have a phone number, I usually use MSN white pages - it has a tab you can click on to get a reverse phone number.

I "think" if the calls show restricted, whoever is calling has set their phone NOT to show their number, and you can't call it back. I was going to suggest you check your cell phone bill, but don't know if you can do that if its a pay as you go

Marcie

donna723

I use the reverse lookup on 411.com at work. If it is a listed phone number, it will come up with the name and address of the owner of the phone number. If it is an unlisted number, it will just say "Land Line" and what phone company it is. If it's a cell phone, it will tell you.

Have you tried googling the phone number? I do that all the time if I get a call and I don't know whose number it is. I never answer if I don't know who it is - usually it's a telemarketer. If you google the number (incude the area code), if it's a listed number it will tell you who the phone is listed to. If it's a telemarketer, it will usually bring up these sites where people can register who called them and what happened.