Photo of my dumb bird

gcvmom

Here we go again!
They're kinda like kids, aren't they? Give them a large empty cardboard box, and they'll amuse themselves for hours!

We just got a new waterheater, and the box kept easy child busy for days, both outside and inside the house. She even dragged it into the living room to sleep in as a tent for a few nights.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have to be very careful when tossing out boxes....of anything. Bruce likes to pretend they're his caves.

Nice picture of Blackjack! :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think my cat is part bird. If you give her a box to play in? She eats it.

BJ is beautiful!

Abbey

Spork Queen
There are much more quiet. They're cold and it gets dark here so early. In some sense that is a nice thing. :)

Abbey

M

ML

How cute! My friend has exotic birds. Her friend owns an exotic bird petshop which she works in part time. She nurses blue throat McCaws (sp) and has special cages built into her home, it's quite something to see. She has about 4 birds and special heaters for them to ensure they have the right climate. They call her "mom" and run to her when she walks in the door. I never knew how smart, and how social birds were. If you ever come to Colorado for a visit I will take you to see her.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, well that dumb bird bit me last night at a record while I was trying to put in food. I've got a lovely gash in my right index finger that is probably a 1/2 inch thick. I want to strangle him. Free shipping.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
BJ? corner...
OK he is beautiful!!!
I have a ton of boxes, but my kids are playing in them. and the cats.

Marguerite

Ours is a bit smaller... two budgies, but the tamer one is very tame. They fly through the house but prefer my bathroom. We have a wall of glass encolsing a courtyard with no public access but it lets in a lot of light for them. But, whenever I go in to sit on the loo, the budgie lands on me to play with me. If I'm reading a book he tries to eat it. If I'm doing a puzzle, he tries to grab the pencil. This morning he wouldn't go back to his playgym when I needed to pull up my jeans, he kept crawling round my neck trying to get my hoop earrings or my silver chain round my neck. Very determined. It tickles. I tried to leave the bathroom and he flew over to perch on me again. Didn't want me to go, I'm more fun than the playgym, it seems. Meanwhile his mate is squawking at him in panic, to get away from the scary human.

Maybe it's because I've been letting him play with the mango seeds? I lick it, he licks it...

we love our birds.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Let me tell you. I just got back from a forced day at my sister in law's house. I went kicking and screaming, but I did it. It's in the no man land of WI. The nice thing is they have 6 Cheasapake (sp?) dogs, all older, and 3 cats. There were a few other animal things there, but not sure what they were. I laid on the floor all day and snuggled, tossed the infamous red bone and snuggled some more. It was much better than a huge bird bite. I'd love to have a dog or a cat, or whatever the thing that looked like a mop. I think it was a dog. Now I just have to dehair me.

Abbey