Photos of my parrots

Lothlorien

Where are the pics of you in your get-up?? C'mon now, you are teasing us!

Your birds are lovely. I don't know much about them, but my old neighbor breeded them. I felt bad for my neighbor, because as you know, they can imitate VERY WELL and when Missy started screaming, they would imitate her all the time. So not only was my household unbearable, hers was too!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm working on the costume section. Never did the online posting thing so I'm still learning.

Yes, they will imitate anything that YOU find annoying. They are characters!!

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Your featherpeople look adorable....that Abbey though - some look in her eye says "DO NOT POKE THE BIRD".

What does the box look like at the end of the day? lol

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
OMgosh, they are beautiful! I miss my parrot! He was a Caique, very beautiful and very sweet, to me! He hated everyone else in the house! He could imitate the sound of the phone ringing, was real annoying if you were way outside and went running for the phone, only to realize it was Tuki!

Enjoy your feathered family members! Makes me want another!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Your featherpeople look adorable....that Abbey though - some look in her eye says "DO NOT POKE THE BIRD".

What does the box look like at the end of the day? lol

They have a very systematic and neurotic way of tearing down the boxes. You can't stop them, but at least it keeps them quiet. ;)

One of these days I'm going to video it. It's like a can opener that cannot quit. It's not random at all.

And, yes...you don't poke Abbey unless you are a non-fearing bird person. They sense your fear and will take EVERY advantage of it. If you show any hesitation...you'll feel the wrath.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Makes you think that birds have a rare feathered form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). I've seen it in action - neatest thing to watch.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
LOVE African greys :) They are soooo smart!

When I was in highschool, we inherited a double-yellow headed Amazon named Poncho. He fell in "love" with me and would follow me everywhere like a dog. Used to sit in the tree in front of our house in the afternoon and wait for me to come home. As soon as I rounded the corner on my bike, I could hear him start squawking. By the time I got to my driveway, he had climbed down the tree and was walking across the grass to greet me, talking and flapping his wings all the while :D Poncho hated my dad, though. Would always lunge at him, and once bit his forearm and nearly severed a tendon!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awesome!!! Are they eating chicken bones in the one picture!!?!?! That is too funny!
Birds are such trippy creatures. Our blue and gold used to eat chicken... my Dad used to always say "MMM taste like Parrot"...

Fran

Former desparate mom
Deb, they are really pretty birds. I love their coloring. They look like they are smart. Doing the box thing sounds like a fun thing to watch.

How long do they live?

Marguerite

Your parrots eat MEAT!!??!? That is too scary! I mean, with all the parrots we have flying round here, the thought of ANY of them turning carnivore is just too scary. It would be like living in a Hitchcock nightmare. I mean, it's bad enough that the Sulphur-Cresteds eat houses...

and the Gang-Gangs can bite through a broomstick...

But eating meat? It'd be like going back to the Pleistocene and the Giant Killer Possums (Thylacoleo, aka Marsupial Lion) and the three metre high carnivorous kangaroos...

I don't think I can look at our little budgie in the same way again...

Your birds are lovely, though.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
They are carnivores. They LOVE meat. What they were eating were ribs. We don't give them the entire thing, just leftovers. Actually, they love anything we are eating. Tofu is a favorite...pasta, cereal, eggs in the morning, etc. We don't indulge them, but give them scraps.

They live about 80 years. Very smart. Our kids argue over who is NOT going to be willed the birds. ;)

GVCMom, they do tend to bond to a certain person. Abbey has bonded to me for 16 years, but tolerates my husband. The two young boys bonded to husband and BARELY tolerate me. I'm getting good that I only have two bites on my hands at any given time. I'm more stubborn than they are, though. They haven't figured this out yet.:angry-very:

We gave up buying toys for them. They'd much rather play in a box, or figure out how to open a creamer container that has a peanut in it.

They're fun to watch, but horrible to clean up after. Ugh. Daily routine.

Abbey

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Stressed,

Wow, what gorgeous birds! OMgosh, just beautiful! Ok, now you guys got me thinking I NEED a birdie again!

I loved my little Caique, any other suggestions for a smallish Parrot? I have read alot about Parrolet's, anyone been owned by one before? Do you find the African Greys to be more friendly than say a Caique or smaller parrot? I live in a very hot climate which cools off nicely in the evenings and mornings.

Hmmmm...will have to do some research. Got my interest peeked now!!!

Hugs,
Vickie:woohoo:

My experience is limited to macaws, congo and timneh african greys and mollucan cockatoos.

No experience worth mentioning with the smaller guys.

Sorry.

Did you notice the picture at the very bottom of the page?