Photos of my parrots

Abbey

Spork Queen
Here ya go Abbey, my flock.

Oh my gosh! They are beautiful and seem to be having a lot of fun. I can't do Macaws. My fear factor is too big. I saw a pet store owner playing around with his macaw one day and nearly bit his finger off. That sealed the deal for me. ;)

Most people don't realize that Greys are genetically pure. They don't mix breed so mostly they all look identical. They only way I can tell my two boys apart is by their behavior. Abbey is a little lighter color.

Abbey

My CAG has bit me far worse than any of the macaws have. The CAG goes to remove flesh which includes lots of blood. The macaws go to inflict pain that usually includes some bloodshed.

My CAG is fantastic with the boys but hates women. He'll act all nice then all the sudden the eyes pin and whamo, he's spitting out a chunk of flesh before you realize its missing. His former owner LIED to me about behaviors!! He never told me Tutu attacked and bit his wife and daughter. I found out a year later when having dinner at his home and his daughter told me. Since he loves the boys and the boys love him, he'll always have my place to call home though.

My CAG isn't sexed but all signs point towards being female.

Abbey

Spork Queen
CAG's have the strongest bite pressure of all parrots. Although their beaks are not that large, they can make hamburger out of you. My two boys have proven that to me. They bonded with husband and loathe me. You should have seen my hands the first few months we got them. OUCH!!!
Now they at least tolerate me. As I said, I'm down to probably 2 bite marks at any given time. That is progress.

Their cage is a disaster area. Abbey's cage is impecably clean. She never poos in it, cleans up all her food scraps. Boys? Geez...

They can also fly with a severe wing clip. (Literally as I was typing that sentence they flew into my office.) Dorkos.

I don't clip Abbey's wings anymore. She's never flown in 16 years...just gracefully falls to the floor. Honestly, I'd LOVE to see her fly.

Lots of work, but also entertaining. They have such personalities.

Abbey

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
one of my best buddies has one of these..
Ruby is sooo very very smart and keeps us on our toes .. such a chatter box... she knows so many cell phone rings .. when there are a few of us in the room she tricks us with these sounds.. lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
That's funny. Ruby was the first name I picked out for Abbey, but was over ruled. I loved the red tail.

They will pick up the MOST annoying sounds in your house. Trust me...we have WD40 on hand for every door and crack. Sometimes it takes me months to figure out what sound they are screaming. The last one was our dishwasher closing. It makes a half second screech. Yep...they all picked it up. Bring on the WD40.

They know every cell phone that rings. They answer in the voice of the owner.

Don't even get me going on when our house alarm goes off. I DO NOT want them to learn that sound.

Abbey