Pick me up off the floor

Abbey

Spork Queen
husband has been determined to 'style' our house in what he calls 'retro 60's.' You just cannot even fathom the things he has bought at thrift stores. I have a coffee pot that I swear is from the 40's. It takes like 400 steps to make coffee.

So today, he is going to 'do an errand.' Yeah...I know what that means.

If my phone/camera was working, I'd put a picture up of this. I'm dying.

He brought home a full length sofa and three side chairs that are RED leather 60's era. These are straight out of Austin Powers movies. Excellent condition, but my GOD!! I'm living in a time warp.

Toss in the 8-track player, HUGE console stereo, fluffy flower curtains everywhere, ancient dishes/pots and pans...I think I'm going to faint.:faint::faint:

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. He just came in beaming..."These things should be in a flipping museum!!"

I'm going to the corner within the corner.

Abbey

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well, hmmmm. I don't know what the 60's looked like (I wasn't born yet). But it does sound interesting. At least he isn't say doing psychadelics (sp).

beth

susiestar

Roll With It
I have a friend who can come tie dye your walls. Or just send you tie-dyed sheets to hang up on them. This is her business - making tie-dye tshirts. her shop is amazing. She lives upstairs. The ugly boring old linoleum is covered with tie-dyed dropcloths. she just shakes them out the window and then tosses them in the washer to clean the floor!! But the business looks amazing!

DDD

I thought you and husband were no longer together....did I get the wrong impression? If he keeps this up :D chances are you will take off! LOL
I remember the 60's very well but I preferred the 40's and 50's. ROFL DDD

meowbunny

I have some beaded curtains that my daughter used to decorate her room. How about a lava lamp or two? Black light? Psychedelic posters? Will happily send them to you. Trust me, I won't miss them!

donna723

Yeah, that's all you need now ... a couple of lava lamps and a macrame flower holder dangly thing to hang from your ceiling. And some of that orange shag carpet! :sick: Has he bought the avocado green appliances yet?

trinityroyal

Donna, you read my mind. I was going to offer my macrame plant hangers.
I also have several bolts of very groovy fabric (Op Art, Pucci-style prints, etc. in shades of orange, brown, yellow and avocado green) that I unearthed from my mother in law's basement.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - I went to look and there is actually a SOCIETY for this stuff......

Wholey cow my Grandmother coulda been rich

Lothlorien

Carpet the walls and throw on a hemp shirt and put on a little Hendricks or Pink Floyd. All you need is a bong and you've got a party!

Steely

Uh, is he having a flashback mid-life crisis. Holy Poop! I would die.

Let's see, what do I have that I could offer ya................
A Hair album? (You have a record player along with the 8 track?)
Some love beads?
A few posters of Make Love, Not War that he could stand in the street with? Or better yet, he could stage a protest or 2:tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Be nice. I used to make those macrame plant holders and wall hangings. :rofl:

OMG! Abbey I'd have a fit. Me, I'm a 40's kinda gal. :D

Let's see, we still have Nichole's beads you can hang in a doorframe. lol I also might still have her lava lamp.............

Man, this is giving me some heavy duty flashbacks. Mom's red, white, and blue livingroom for one thing. ugh!

Let's not even mention orange shag carpet. I've spent 30 odd years trying to forget! :faint:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I LOVE the white yarn with dark brown bead macramae holders......

Wish I had learned how to - I would be making one for Abbey:tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Carpet the walls and throw on a hemp shirt and put on a little Hendricks or Pink Floyd. All you need is a bong and you've got a party!

Loth...you are BAD! Ok. I know Hendricks and Floyd (no, they're not the guys next door), but I *swear* I've never heard of hemp or a bong.:nonono:

I guess I was deprived.

I used to do tons of macramae when I was a teen. Geez. I hope my mom burned those things.

Had a few sets of the beads, too. Actually, they were pretty cool. I could just take off my front door and hand beads and a disco ball. Might get a bit chilly in the winter, though.

Oh, I can always count on you guys to be such a wealth of ideas!!

Abbey