Picking up new car today!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am so very excited to be picking up my new wheels today. :dance:

I traded in my VW Passat wagon for a Honda Civic Hybrid. My VW got 24-26 mpg; the Honda will get 48-51 mpg. The payment is $65 less than the VW, I didn't have to pay state tax on the sale, I get a tax break come filing time, and my insurance will also discount my premium because it's a hybrid. HOW COOL IS THIS?? :bravo:

I wonder if I will drive more now that I can without going completely broke. :its_all_good:

susiestar

Roll With It
DUDETTE, YOU ROCK!! Congrats on the new wheels!! And the savings! We are going to have to call you FrugalJoG (maybe this will be your rapper name?)

Hugs,

Susie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My VW mechanic (and friend) was making fun of me for being a treehugger. I will admit I've been trying to be even more ecologically aware and this is another way! Yeah.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
OMG - I ♥ it!!! It is cute, rides smoooooooth, has only 71 miles on it and it's clean, and it has lots of cubby holes for all my stuff and CD's and plenty of trunk space, and a roomy backseat, and a full tank, and I ♥ it!!

I have to re-master the rolling stop because when it comes to a near stop, the engine shuts down (an energy saver) so it's like starting from scratch. I think I have it down, though. I did a rolling stop near my house and it went very well. lol

I wish I could take the afternoon off from work so I can just drive it around.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO....

sending you a bobble head dog for the window. Oh and some tricked out 24's.

CONGRATS

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, I've hung up my Car Charm on my mirror and I put my Earth sticker in the back window. I think that's a good start.

I will have to cut a tail off one of our old stuffed animals and stick out the trunk. I saw that once and thought it was so funny!

KFld

How awesome. I would want to be just driving around also. The weekend is here though, so hopefully you'll get some good driving time.