Pics from our 4th of July trip~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We rafted on the New River near Fayetteville WV and the zipline place was nearby. My sister lives there and she's been hitting up the same outfitter for white water rafting since they opened in the 70's. Finally, after traveling there every year, when her kids moved out, she and her H moved there. So, it's nice because every time we visit her, we get a ride down the river!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow! You are a braver woman than I, that's for sure! Looks like you had an awesome time :D Glad you survived the rapids to tell us about it!

klmno

WV has some pretty neat places. difficult child and I have gone to the Hinton area and Harper's Ferry. We had a great time both vacations.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay this is the first time I've ever seen YOU - and OMG you are STUNNING!!!!!! What a beautiful woman Jo! Wow! Your husband is nice looking too.

Love the pups - such soulful babies!

And as far as that zip line goes gals - THIS WOMAN BRAVES A difficult child EVERY DAY - IT WAS ONLY WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK JO!!!!!

maril

And as far as that zip line goes gals - THIS WOMAN BRAVES A difficult child EVERY DAY - IT WAS ONLY WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol...ain't that the truth?

Loved your pictures, Jo! It looks like fun. Maybe we'll check it out ... those activities are right up my husband's alley.

Lothlorien

Very nice pics! It does look like you had a great time. I agree with Star, what a nice looking lady you are! I liked the pics of you doggie....what a cutie!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hahahaaha, well, thank you Star! It's all smoke and mirrors...lol.

It was a lot of fun and now H is planning our next zipline trip, except this time he wants us to wear Spiderman costumes...hahaha.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
White water rafting and doing a zipline are two items on my "things to do before I die" list. I think I'd be able to do the rafting with only marginal hysteria...........but I'm terrified of heights so the zipline might be a "fat chance." How high up were you?

Suz

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Suz, the zip line heights varied, but all of them were up over 80 feet high. The rope bridges were about 30-50 feet up. You are hooked up to a line at all times - there is virtually no risk the entire time. You have 2 safety lines that are hooked up so at no time are you ever not hooked up with at least one line, even going over the bridges. I was scared out of my wits the first couple of lines we went on, but then all was forgotten once I was zipping along over and through the trees! Absolutely stunning. You forget everything else. You could do it!

And the rafting? Well, the guides are so well trained that they aren't even allowed to become a guide unless they can man a raft down the river ALONE. IOW, they wouldn't be 'guides' if they couldn't steer and get a boatload of people down the rivers and rapids with or without the people's help, Know what I mean?? Out of the 8 guests in our boat, only H, my sister and me had ever been and those other five people were so clueless and excited that every time we went through a major rapid, they were in awe. The guide later told my sister that when he needed us the most, we were the only ones actually helping! Hahaha. So that too is fairly safe.