Piglet is glued to the tv!

JJJ

(With all of our difficult child's I should clarify, her brother did not actually glue her to the tv set!)

I was a Political Science major and this has been a great presidential race. Piglet has gotten caught up in it too! She was lobbying her dad for the last two weeks because she decided who would be the best president and he didn't agree with her.

Piglet hates social studies at school but doesn't seem to understand that this is social studies. She is doing some extra credit work on 18th century explorers while she is watching (and she just got up and unloaded the dishwasher). Both boys are sleeping.

I love my new, calmer life!

klmno

(With all of our difficult child's I should clarify, her brother did not actually glue her to the tv set!)

Cute, JJJ! LOL! I see the same thing happening with my son. I never like social studies as a kid either, but when it came to elections or learning history and political science at the college level it was a different story.

I'm glad to see Piglet getting into this- there are worse things- and hopefully, it will lead to another voting responsibly someday!!

Andy

My difficult child is also super interested in this election. I hope he is sleeping though - I will go check in a minute.

Earlier tonight he was watching results and I heard a moan. His canidate of choice did not win the state they were announcing the result of.

I know many schools run elections for the kids. I was thinking how cool it would be for each polling place to have a 'children's election' for the kids who come with their parents to actually vote. Have them "register", go through the process of being given a piece of paper to hand to the next person for the ballot, give them a seperate colored election ballot so as not to get mixed in with the 'real" ballots and let them turn it in in a separate "box" to be counted. Add an essay question, "Why do you want this person to win?" or "What will this person do as president to make your life easier?" Turn these into a t.v. and/or local radio station and newspaper. They would be fun to hear.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think it's great Piglet is so interested in the election. easy child is very interested but sound asleep right now. difficult child is interested in his own way, he even watched some of the coverage but he doesn't really get it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My kids always paid attention to the elections. Their schools held "student" elections. So they were always interested in seeing who won.

Odd. Now that they're grown, they're keeping me informed of the poll results while I'm doing my darndest to avoid the tv. :rofl: easy child called me a bit ago to talk about it and I calmly reminded her that I was busy ignoring it. ;) sigh Neither easy child nor Nichole let me get away with it. Even Travis had to talk about it on his way home from work.

After all the political hype build up, I don't like to hear the results and all the Projecting until all the polls are in.

Personally, as I am every 4 years.......I'm just glad it's OVER and I don't have to listen to it anymore, have people ringing my phone off the hook, and knocking on my door. (the last person that knocked on my door I set Molly on as I was that fed up)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi JJJ. Rofl about gluing piglet to the tv. Does sound like our kids. Great news about piglet being involved. Social studies and history are so much more interesting if they understand it and see it being made. Good for her.

meowbunny

Getting my kid to watch any news is a major miracle. She came over yesterday to pack up some of her stuff. She refused to leave. She had to watch the election results. She was not a happy camper that there was no election results until 7:00 pm. I have no idea when she left. I fell asleep at midnight and she was still glued to the tv. Can't wait to talk to her today (she took my car home with my permission).

I did take her to vote yesterday. We had an interesting discussion on the way to the polling place. She thought she'd made up her mind until someone told her that Obama was a Muslim and a terrorist. This made her wonder what were the cons for both candidates. I answered her as honestly as I could. She ended up saying she thought she was making the right choice and thanked me for not trying to prejudice her one way or the other. I was really proud of her and her making thoughtful decisions. May your little ones reach this point.