Pinch me so I know this is real

Wiped Out

Staff member
The ups and downs of life with difficult child and easy child/difficult child.

Both kiddos have been struggling mightily lately. easy child/difficult child won't help with anything, is rude, disrespectful, and won't go out looking for a job.

difficult child has been rude, disrespectful, and on Sunday was violent and ended up on stop the world for two days.

husband and I are so ready to run away most days.

Now for the don't pinch me part. Yesterday we got to see a different side of the kiddos.

In the morning easy child/difficult child was actually nice to difficult child. It made his entire morning-he just glows when she pays him positive attention.

He came home last night and she continued to be nice. They even played a game of Wii tennis together (yes, husband took pictures because it is such a rarity). difficult child was in a fantastic mood even though he was tired.

This morning she continued and he left for camp smiling.

easy child/difficult child even did dishes last night-albeit with a lot of prompting and a do to get thrown in there (love it Fran).

Who knows what tomorrow will bring but at least difficult child went off to camp happy (and tonight is his overnight)! Oh, and difficult child gave me a good bye hug!

DazedandConfused

My two are mostly rude and fight with each other, it's a very rare occasion when they're actually cordial. In our house, Son instigates most of the fighting. Daughter even sadly shared with me not so long ago how she goes to friend's houses and the brother and sisters get along for the most part and love each other; she so desperately wants that with her brother, but he just doesn't seem to care and goes out of his way to verbally harass her. So, I understand you and husband wanting to run away and taking the pictures when they DO get along.

Sending strong positive vibes that it continues.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, that's awesome! I hope it continues for a while longer. I know what you mean about the love-hate dynamics that go on between sibs. Pick any two of my three and they can be close to drawing blood on eachother one day, and the next, they'll be thick as thieves. I don't get it.

I hope this happens again and again. At least we know that since it happened this time, it is possible. I too am glad you took pix. Uplifting hearing about this Sharon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Dazed-Thanks for the positive vibes!

Gvcmom-I don't think it will last a lot longer but they did play more Wii together tonight. However, easy child/difficult child is starting to get a tone to her voice which doesn't bode well.

Fran-I'm glad we have the pictures. husband went for the camera not knowing when we would see the two of them playing together again!

Barneysmom-So good to see you! I'll have to remind them it is possible!!:)