Pit bull bites toddler? And the mother? WOW!

OpenWindow

I agree Lothlorien, when I come across a pit or bulldog I don't know, I am a bit leary. And mine is even bigger than normal, he's brindle and very scary looking. When we adopted him as a puppy they estimated him to be 40 - 45 lbs as an adult (his mom was purebred American Bulldog and 35 pounds). He is 95 pounds, all muscle. They said he had to have something else in him besides American Bulldog and pit, possibly mastiff. I never would have adopted him had I known he would be this big.

But he's a part of our family now, and actually helped difficult child a lot. He is difficult child's dog - he took him to obedience school and did most of all the training. difficult child has a hard time with friends, and Calvin is the perfect friend to him. Even when we can't get difficult child to do anything else in the way of chores, he will feed Calvin, let him outside, and put him in the bathroom (Calvin's sleeping quarters). All the towns around us are banning pitbulls, but thankfully our city council recently adopted a new ordinance for vicious or nuisance dogs, and made it clear that they would not name specific breeds. Thank God, because I can't imagine getting rid of Calvin and I really can't imagine having to pay that outrageously expensive insurance payment to keep him.