plane frustration

Abbey

Spork Queen
What has this world come to? I renewed my driver's licence a few days ago. This has proven to be a HUGE problem getting back on the plane. They punch a hole through your existing license, then print out an updated version. You don't get the physical license for 10 - 14 days. It's being mailed to my WI address.

I called the TSA this morning to see if I could board a plane with the expired license and the renewed paperwork. Nope. They need something current with a photo and a birth certificate. Who carries around their birth certificate? I'm in another state for crips sake.

Called H to see if he could FedEx me my license when it comes in. I'm sorry...I'm not a terrorist. I'm just a 48 year old lady who is trying to come back to the cold country to shovel walks. Shoot me.

What nonsense.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think it's a sign that you need to stay in Vegas a little longer and let husband shovel the walks himself :D

DammitJanet

You have to have a BC to get on a plane now? Are you serious? Really? I dont even have mine! I would have to drive to VA, go get it, come back to whatever state I was flying from and board the plane!

Maybe its time we all just had to have passports to travel even in the country. But then again...one would think the expired DL would be good enough because it does have your name and photo!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I just got my renewed drivers license today. It was 4 months expired, but they would not give me a new one til I produced a birth certificate that wasn't as old as I am (seriously - they wouldn't take my original birth certificate).

Since my ID has been expired, I have been unable to return unwanted Christmas gifts to Walmart, unable to sell a broken gold chain to a pawn shop for scrap gold, and unable to write a check for groceries.

I have, however, been pulled over with my expired license and not ticketed, purchased and registered not one but THREE firearms (two of whilch were handguns - I passed the background check and everything - on an expired ID!), and verified my ID when I filled out some forms for Medicaid. Not one of those people raised an eyebrow.

Somewhere, something is amiss...

Last edited:

DammitJanet

LOL Shari....I am so not surprised at what you were able to do with the expired license. In 07 my license expired on my birthday. I thought I had until 08 for some odd reason and I never looked at it. Who really looks at their license? I drove on that license for MONTHS...7 to be exact! No one ever noticed until some clerk checked my ID for buying cooking wine! I had cashed checks, pawned a gun, and even used the license to visit Cory in jail and no one noticed a thing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha! No guns here. Just need to board a plane. Pat me down...I'm not sporting any weapons. My license is NOT EXPIRED. It's just in another form. Paper. Remember those days?

Nancy...answer is unknown right now.

Abbey

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
It was a TSA agent who told me that my license had expired (oops!). He said they accept it as valid ID for up to a month after it expires. by the way, that was one person at my local airport - I had a layover, and a return flight with a layover and nobody else who looked at my license said a thing. I'd go ahead and use your expired one - especially if it hasn't been a month yet.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
I hope you get back sooner but don't come back too early. I'm in Wisconsin and we're expecting snow this weekend!

Andy

:stalker: Oh, Big Brother is watching!

They must have found out about your spork collection - dangerous dangerous weapons you are holding onto. Next time try it without the spork dress!