Plans for the 4th

everywoman

Maybe it's PCdaughter's enlistment, but I am feeling extremely patriotic this year.
I have forgone the usual burgers and dogs. Today I have marinated enough chicken to feed the town, fixed a large serving of crock pot mac and cheese and broccoli casserole. I'm planning to churn homemade icecream using my grandmother's recipie.

I've invited husband's sister and niece, pcdaughter and her boyfriend (who has come again from NY), my mom, my sister/aunt and her foster daughter (our great niece), and whoever else wants to come. We'll sit by the pool or on the back deck and enjoy life in the south.

How about you???

Andy

We will take a road trip to Brainerd, MN to their parade - they have the best parade even though it will be a long day. We will get there early and stop in to visit my parents. I don't know if they will join us at the parade this year or not. It is getting more and more difficult for my dad to walk. Hopefully easy child will come also but she will need to figure out what to do with puppy (maybe the young neighbor girl will be home to help?)

I grew up in Nisswa (15 miles North of Brainerd) and my 1st real job was as a car hop at the A & W when it was still a drive in. Some interesting memories from that job. (FUN!)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Everywoman-Sounds like a fun time at your place!

Adrianne-Enjoy the parade!

I just posted on Steely's thread-we're not doing much. Probably watching lots of Twilight Zones. Our fireworks were last week.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Friday - my little cousins softball tournament followed by a BBQ
Saturday - Pool day or beach day (we will see how hot it is) followed by watching a friend perform at a local ice cream parlor.
Sunday - Is our town's hometown day followed by the state orchestra playing during the fireworks
Monday - S2BX gets out, knots in my tummy already:anxious: