please be patient

Lothlorien

with me. Wow. I am a little overwhelmed right now. I just started this new job on Monday. I started out as one position. They then fired office manager and quickly realized how much experience I have and then basically said...get this all caught up and then we'll talk about the office manager's job. Crappola....what did I get myself into?

Don't get me wrong, I am glad they realize what a value they have in me, but going from a part-time, work-at-home position to full time office manager is a little intimidating.

Needless to say, I'm thoroughly exhausted. Between doing this full time job, running my own business, trying to finsh out the other doctor's work AND running a household, I am completely overwhelmed and thoroughly exhausted.

Hopefully, after the next week or so, I'll be able to give a little more attention to all of you. In the meantime, please be patient. Thanks.
Loth

InsaneCdn

Real life comes first - take whatever time you need...
Although this sounds like an interesting story. So we probably wouldn't mind a tiny update once in a while...

Way to Go!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, that transition does sound overwhelming. I am an office manager/human resource manager, but I am in the home office, we have three other offices, but only 15 employees total. And that can be overwhelming. I can't even imagine, however, how flattered you must feel to be offered this position! Exciting! Challenging! Prayers that as you settle in, your family does as well.

DDD

Talk about diving off a cliff when you thought you were going to play on the water's edge! Yikes! There's no doubt you can do the job and they are lucky to have you. If possible try to transition as slowly as possible. Walking into management cold turkey is not easy. Sending lots of good ju ju your way...and hugs, too. DDD

Lothlorien

DDD - you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly how I feel. I've discussed it with my husband and although the offer is tempting, I'm not sure that I want that much responsibility just yet. I still have a difficult child child and may need to take off or leave early once in a while. I still have an 8 year old, who though he's pretty much a easy child, he's still only 8 and needs mom. I went from stay-home-part-timer to full time, gone all day and I still do my own business. Not sure how either of them will handle things just yet, nevermind mom taking on a higher stress job than anticipated.

I'll still ponder it over during the next few weeks and I'll see what happens.

KTMom91

Exciting news, but I see where you're coming from on not being sure about taking the job. Even with a great hubby, most of the day-to-day difficult child-ness does usually fall to Mom. Many hugs...I know you'll make the right decision for everyone concerned.

DDD

It's totally your decision. I think it's wise to think it over. on the other hand...if they really are desperate you may possibly be able to get a written contract that state's that if you need time off....you get it! Sounds like you may be in a power position. I have a daughter who works as a manager in a dental office. She calls the shots and has the agreement to prove it.

Your choice. I've been through a few years when I was employed by others and my expertise was valued. There's a female thing that you have to fight. Bucks are important but I know as a business owner of over thirty years, the boss needs quality support. If part of it has to be in a nontradional...he will still be fortunate to have you. Even with the economy as sick as it is. You are in the driver's seat...if you're prepared to grab the opportunity. I have a neice who works from home more than she works at the office. She gets the job done and she gets generously paid. Hugs. DDD