Please cross your fingers Thanks

StressedM0mma

Ugh. I PLOWED over a cone when I tried to parallel park the first time. And, I did it perfectly every time I practiced. I was just so nervous, I bombed. Oh well. I am sure she will do great the next time.

Californiablonde

I didn't pass my first time either. The driving instructor told me to make a turn and I misunderstood her. I turned the wrong way and it was an illegal turn. I was immediately disqualified and she made me turn around and drive back. I was devastated. I ended up passing my second time around. Crossing fingers your daughter will pass the second time as well.

trinityroyal

It's pretty common to fail the driver's test the first time. Even though you've practiced the skills, using them in a test environment is quite different than using them in a lesson. Consider this a practice run. Now that difficult child 3 is used to the process of testing, hopefully she'll know what to expect and it will go smoothly the next time.

trinityroyal

I forgot to mention. Once my Driver's Ed instructor felt comfortable about my skills handling a car, he spent the last month or so of my lessons teaching me to pass the driver's test. He explained that driving for the test is completely different from driving in real-life conditions. We drove the test route several times, practiced parallel parking uphill, downhill and on flat ground near the examination centre, and he explained some of the "gotchas" for which the drivers' examiners knock off points. That helped a lot -- both with driving skill and test-nerves.