Please keep a good thought

susiestar

Roll With It
for Jess and I. We went to choir rehearsal for the fall show last night. BOTH of us got migraines (some girl had really NASTY perfume and I got a face full of it, as did Jess - in spite of directions to use NO perfume because one child has severe asthma).

Anyway, we stayed for most of it, then came home when all they had left were the solos. Jess is not performing because she missed school from the accident.

Anyway, she woke up crying and vomiting with a migraine. Is in bed with a hot pack. I will take her to school if she gets better, but have to try to get teh doctor office to fax a note excusing her from school. There is no way she can handle school.

Here is hoping the doctor office WILL send over a note.

nvts

Hey Suz! Sorry to hear about the migraines! I had an office mate that would just short of faint from them if he got into an elevator where someone had been with 2 or 3 types of perfume. We were a perfect match - he couldn't handle hairspray, perfume, even smelly shampoo residuals and I was always too late to fuss with a lot of makeup etc. so the only thing I had to make sure of was to use unscented shampoo and ponytail holders.

My doctor's office is an asylum for the kids so what you could try is to fax them a letter that they can photocopy onto their letterhead, sign and fax back. You might get a quicker turnaround and a lot of appreciation from the office staff!

Just a thought!

Hope you're both feeling (at least) a little better! Have you tried sitting in the bathroom and running the hot water until it's a steamy mess in there? Jim (my old office mate) used to swear by that!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Some people - yeesh! Why do they have to pour on the perfume like that? I am sensitive also, except I get the asthma.

I hope you're both feeling better soon.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Since when did parents lose the ability to tell when their kids were too ill to attend school?

Oh yeah, when we started making laws to try to make up for those with no common sense....

Sheesh.

Hugs to both. Hope you get the letter and you both feel better.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hope you got the doctors note. I too get headaches from perfume and easy child is starting to be bothered by certain smells also. Sending good thoughts that Jess is feeling better soon. Did your migraine go away? Hope so.

gentle hugs
beth

TerryJ2

Oh dear! So sorry. I hope you two make it through this quickly.
My husband has asthma and does not go to church on Mother's Day for the same reason--all the perfume.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am so sorry for the pain......migraines are NO FUN.

Do you think the school district would PAY (they did for Dude) for a part time teacher to COME to YOUR HOME for Jess? Doctors orders???

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good idea Star.

I'm also sensitive to perfumes.

But honestly, why do people (I say people cuz men do it too) put so darn much on? Do you really think you stink that badly?? Do you really need someone to locate you by smell over a block away??

If you're afraid of the smell fading, then put a dab on a piece of the clothing you're wearing. You use a way smaller amt and the smell lasts longer. sheesh

I don't just get a headache, I start having trouble breathing. Irks me no end.

Holding good thoughts there is no trouble with the school.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
The doctor's office faxed a note over early in the morning. I had to call them back TWICE to find out as no one at the Jr High had enough time to tell me that they had already gotten a doctor's note. But, they didn't make me drag her in, which was good as I still had a migraine. I stayed up waiting for the doctor office to call, which didn't help. I finally got a nap late in the afternoon, then had to rush out to pick up Wiz at the library to take him to the choir thing (he used to have this teacher, loved her, and had volunteered to help out) and to take thank you to Scouts. When I got home I was miserable. I just woke up and remembered to post to update you guys.

Jess is feeling better, though not great. She is determined to go to school tomorrow because they have tests. As long as her face isn't swollen still. Not sure why, but her face was quite swollen today. doctor office wasn't worried, but if it is tomorrow we will go in. I don't want her to miss the tests though. Thanks for all the good thoughts and advice.

And I also have NO idea why people use so much perfume, esp younger people. What ever happened to spraying a single squirt into the air and tehn walking into it? That is how my Gma taught me to apply perfume, back when I could tolerate it.

Susie

TerryJ2

So sorry, Susie. The swollen face really does sound like a bad reaction. I hope today is better. Can you send medications with-her that the nurse can administer after lunch? (I'm assuming they wear off during the day.)

susiestar

Roll With It
She has migraine medications at school, along with her other medications. She is also very aware of when (what time) she can next take the medications. I think she will make it through the day OK, and then we are on Fall Break, so they ahve Thurs and Fri off.

Thanks though!