Please keep good thoughts...Keyanas Maternal great grandfather Passed away

DammitJanet

Even though Cory and Keyana's Mom arent together, Keyana is my grandchild and what happens to her moms family does matter to me.

Lindsey called me a little while ago to tell me that her (Lindsey's) Grandfather had passed away about 11:30 this evening. I am very sad for their whole family. I have become quite fond of both him and his wife and of course, his daughter Linda, Lindseys mom. I can only imagine how hard she is taking this.

Lindsey is going to come get Keyana sometime tomorrow to take her over to be with the family. I am betting we get her back while they make the arrangements though. This will be a hard time for the family but I can understand their need to be with their grandchild. I would want her around me too. Of course, I offered any help we could offer.

I do find it good that we were in the loop to be notified. Its nice to have this kind of relationship. Important for Keyana's life.

Please keep this family in your thoughts.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That is nice that you remain a part of the whole family and in the loop. It is important for Keyana.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry for Keyanna's loss, good that they communicated what was going on and they are willing to share.....your understanding of their need to have Keyanna near is great to see too!

klmno

I'm sorry to hear this- and that she won't know him as she grows up.

As you said, though, it is very good that the two families remain cordial and try to do what is in Keyana's best interest. That is so important -

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm sorry for Keyana's loss. She is one lucky little girl who has two families who really care about her welfare.

Hugs

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sending thougths and prayers their way, and kudos to all for the great relationship established FOR KEYANA.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry for Keyana's loss, and her family's grief. I think it is wonderful that you are "in the loop" as part of the extended family. That is half of what made Keyana, and it is important for all the extended family to keep in touch and mind their manners.

they probably will need someone to keep Keyana while they arrange everything, but also will need her during the other times. It might be easier on the family if you offer to babysit her during the funeral and then bring her to them right after.

I found this to be SO helpful when my kids were small and we had to go to a funeral. Just thought I might offer it as a suggestion.

DammitJanet

Thanks everyone. Lindsey called late this afternoon to say that her mom and grandma were overwhelmed with family and visitors and that if it was ok with us that she would just leave the baby with us till Friday. Of course it is. Lindsey sounded so sad. She talked to Cory for a little while.

I will call over to the house sometime tomorrow to speak to Linda and I will pass on all the good thoughts and prayers from everyone here.