Please keep my "favorite sanity saver"

in your thoughts... I have to get ready to take her to the vet. She has to have her liver enzymes checked among other things. I always get scared when she has to have her liver enzymes checked. I just love her so very much...:(:anxious: WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
WFEN, you have my thoughts. I know what you mean about that worried feeling when going to the vet. Give him/her a good squeeze from Auntie Fran.

Everyone,

I don't have any news yet - It takes a few days before the lab results are back. My "favorite sanity saver" has to have her teeth cleaned (her breath could definitely stop a freight train), lots and lots of tartar!!! and a possible extraction (fractured tooth) - My vet is going to x-ray her tooth while she is under anesthesia and pull it if necessary.

My vet ordered extensive blood work because my poor fur baby has very high liver enzymes, possible epilepsy, and cannot tolerate most antibiotics or other drugs. A part of me wants the results back this afternoon and another part of me hopes that I don't get them until Monday - I always dread getting the phone call...

Anyway, when my "favorite sanity saver" has anesthesia, she is monitored very carefully - In fact, she is monitored much the same way we're monitored. She is given a very safe type of anesthesia - My vet uses the same anesthesia for her elderly "patients" too. (Speaking of elderly, my dog is going to be 8 yrs old in August - It's hard to believe!) Even though I love her vet, I'm always a wreck when she has to have even a minor procedure done...

Thanks for all the hugs and good wishes...I promise I'll update as soon as I have info - I'll give her another round of hugs from all of her board "aunties" and "furry" cyber friends too as soon as she comes in from outside... WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
WFEN -

When Casper (my sanity saver and furry love of my life) went in to have his tooth extracted - it was his 3rd surgery. He also does NOT do well with anesthesia. He's big, and he fights it, and he gets so much to make him go out that waking up has been such a scare. The last 2 surgeries? I sat in the kennel with him and vigorously rubbed him for at least an hour or more. Rubbing and shaking and saying COME ON get up - let's get a squirrel (not that he ever would but it's a game we play) and it takes around 2 days for him to completely recover.

Maybe when she has surgery you can ask to do this and help her? Most kennel staff don't have time to do it. But it really helps. My vet encourages it. Certainly it can't hurt.

Keeping your little girl in our paws and prayers. Pootie sends extra love.

Hugs
Star

Star,

I'm glad Casper is ok!!!:D Thanks for the advice. I never would of thought of asking if I could be there with her when she is waking up. It's a great idea!!! I'm going to be a nervous wreck and would love to be with her...

It takes my "furry baby" a really long time to fully wake up too. It is so hard for me to watch her - She just isn't herself and is so miserable!!!:(

Thanks again. I'll give her an extra kiss from Pootie... WFEN

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hoping the blood work comes back OK.
I am still waiting for my fur kitties blood work.
It took 3 people to hold her down and she is only 6.7 pounds!!! Little scrapper!

it is so hard when our pets/friends are hurting or out of sorts. My kitties are sending big soft hugs.

KTMom91

Hope your little fur sweetie's blood work checks out OK. My Buddy is walking around with a cone on his head, and not at all happy, but he sends hugs and woofs. Hugs to you, too!