Please Pray for Julius

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by PonyGirl, Dec 4, 2008.

1. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

We found out yesterday, difficult children girlfriend, S, is a carrier of a rare genetic disorder called Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome. They will test the baby tomorrow. He is due January 28, but if test result shows WAS, he will be delivered early, and an attempt at a cure will be made by use of a cord-blood transfer.

My friends, this boy will more than likely have a tough time with life anyways, given who his daddy is..........difficult child continues to struggle with his addictions and suffer the consequences. I pray the test is negative. Research I've read says if the mother is a carrier, there is a 50/50 chance she will pass it to her son. Survival rate of those with WAS is anywhere from 5 to 35 years.

Heavy heart.

2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

{{{ponygirl}}} I'm so sorry - this WAS disorder sounds so grim. Obviously, I hope the baby tests negative and I hope that difficult child can stay clean and his girlfriend strong. Sending hugs and prayers.
  3. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

I'm so sorry you are facing such a scary situation. I hope the test is negative.
  4. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

I will hold out hope that should it be needed, the cord blood transfer will help him to be a happy healthy boy. Hopefully, in any case, they will be able to set the cord blood aside and save it,as it can be a lifesaver later in life, as well.
  5. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

What a potentially sad situation. I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts for a positive result.

6. janebrain

janebrain New Member

Oh, please let us know as soon as you find out how the test comes out. Thinking of you, hoping for the best...
  7. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

You can count on my support and prayers, Pony. is so very complicated! Hugs. DDD
  8. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Sending prayers and gentle hugs.
  9. Star*

Star* call 911

Okay Pony -

Here was my initial thought - I don't feel there is anything wrong with this baby. I've been having really good it's a boy, it's a's twins, feelings and when you told me about the WASP in Julian - my initial thought was if the Mom is a carrier there is a chance for him but we're going to keep positive vibes for my little Grand Nephew.

-Just because......I think he's GRAND.

HUGE PRAYERS going up for our little Julian.

10. Jena

Jena New Member

I"m sending my hugs and saying a prayer as well. I hope that the test comes back negative.

11. goldenguru

goldenguru New Member

So sorry PonyGirl. Doesn't seem fair to have so many potential difficulties before one's birth. Be strong.
  12. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Adding in my prayers and positive thoughts that Julius is in the happy 50%, and that if he does have the condition the cord blood transfer helps to alleviate things.

Sending many gentle hugs and hoping for a good outcome.

13. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

Thanks everybody. We'll get the results in 2 weeks. Hoping for a really great early Christmas Present!!

Oh and Star? It'll probably work no matter what, but go ahead and say prayers for JuliUS instead of JuliAN. (Although, who am I to say, there's probably a Julian somewhere who could use our prayers, too!)

14. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I'll pray for Julius, Julian, heck I'll pray for Juliet.

And for you, Pony, for your comfort and peace.
  15. katya02

katya02 Solace

Hoping you get the best possible news as a Christmas present - sending hugs and strength.
  16. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Sending hugs and saying prayers.
  17. Andy

Andy Active Member

Sending prayers for good news and strength during this waiting period.
  18. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Hoping for a good outcome and test results will come back negative. Hugs.
  19. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Sorry I've got in on this so late. Adding Mom, baby, You, and difficult child to my prayers Pony. Mom has been thru enough, and so has grandma.

20. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Sending out prayers for a *Negative* Christmas Present as well.
    Only positive thoughts.