Please pray for my daughter.

flutterby

Fly away!
Sending prayers. I'm so sorry.

I know when I got divorced, alimony had become almost unheard of. Not so much these days, especially given your daughter's condition and that she hasn't worked.

T

TeDo

Prayers going up for her and her kids and I'll even include you. You are truly a wonderful Mom. She is lucky to have you.

DS3

:group-hug:

My prayers are with you and your daughters family. I know this can't be easy on anyone involved.

rejectedmom

Klmno, I know my daughter was too good for him not the other way around. As for the straying, I do not know if he has done the deed or not. It is not in his best intrest to let us know since there is and infidelity clause in their state's divorce laws. He has been bugging her for an "open" marriage she refused. Hensce he wants the divorce.

Hazoi, I believe that kind of disability is based on income and you are correct that her situation will change after the split. We will look at that and welfare if she needs to.

Flutterby, She doesn't live in an alimony state. They award it for short periods of time but the courts want the sposes to become self supporting and work towards that. I afree that it is time for her to find a shark but she isn't in that place yet.

Pasajes4, You are so right my heart is breaking for her.

Steely. Wipedout. Insane. Rabbit, CrazyinVA, Tedo, DS3, & everyone Thank you all for the hugs and the prayers. I truly believe it will help. Heck it already has. I can't talk abut this anywhere but here. Until now I have kept it bottled up inside. -RM

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
You've got my prayers, RM. How sad and painful for her and the grands. I hope that one day SAHMs will be recognized as valuable assets and workers.

rejectedmom

ThreeShadows, thank you, I agree that SAHMs are terribly undervalued here in the USA. It should be different. I stayed at home with my children and did fostercare for an additional 22 kids over a thirty year period and I am not eligible for SSD on my own either. I went back to work for a few years before my health took a downturn and I am still 4 credits short.

Kathy, Justtired, JJJ, and Witz your thoughts and prayers mean alot to us. -RM

DDD

You have my most sincere thoughts and prayers. We've lived with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) for almost six years. One reason it is such a "bummer" is that others can't "see" the problem. Getting disability is a huge and extended time problem. Do keep full records of symptoms, medications, side effects, visits to the Doctor as well as daily ramifications of the injury in hopes that she will get assistance...needed assistance. I can't even express how genuinely sorry I am that your easy child is facing so many issues at one time. I will pray for her and the children...and you. Hugs. DDD

busywend

Sending up positive thoughts.

For some reason I felt peace reading your posts, I believe in my heart she will be healed and happy again! Call it a womans' intuition - I feel it!!!

rejectedmom

ThreeShadows, Elisabrary, Star and Mattsmom, thank you. I am going to be away from my computer this weekend. I am taking care of my other grandson. I enjoy it tremendously but he is three yrs old and a handful. Needs to be watched constantly and by the time I get him to bed I am exhausted. -RM

rejectedmom

DDD, I know the struggle you have endured. Thank you for the advIce and insight and the prayers.

Busywend, From your lips to God's ear. thank you