Please pray for my mom

susiestar

Roll With It
We were supposed to go to my parents today to celebrate Jessie's 15th birthday (yesterday).

My mom had to have a spinal shot yesterday. She was feeling awful - headache, shaky, just like something was wrong so my dad drove her. They always put an IV in in case they need to give medications that way if something goes wrong. This time her blood pressure was sky high, the top number was over 240. It was high enough that the machine would not read it.

Mom says the doctor was scared. Not concerned, not worried, SCARED. She got IV medications and it came down before they let her go, but not as far down as they would like.

Dad called today to cancel because her pressure was up again. NOT as high as yesterday, and as of about two hours ago she was not in the hospital, but still much higher than it should be.

I have known 2 other people with readings that were almost that high. They each died with-in 6 months of the first reading that was that high. I am very scared.

Thank you all for good thoughts and prayers.

TerryJ2

Oh dear! Fingers crossed. I'll be thinking of you.

I'm a bit confused; did your mom's BiPolar (BP) go up because of the spinal shot, (cortisone?) or did she get in there and take her BiPolar (BP) and decide not to do the shot?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can relate to BiPolar (BP) problems, Susie, and know how difficult it can be to regulate. Sending good thoughts for sure.

Suz

nvts

Hey Suzie! How's Mom today? Definately have her in my prayers - rattling beads, this is spooky for you too, so you're in there as well!

Happy birthday for Jess - she must be upset too!

Beth