Please pray for our family's situation

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
1) I have been disabled since my second scoliosis surgery on 12/16/09. Not much relief from pain esp on top of the fibromyalgia and carpal tunnel..etc.
Waiting on court date for Federal disability..
2) I was bringing home one half of income. We were meeting bills and were ok.. not rich or anything.
4) We have decided that once I get the disability we would move to Fl closer to family..
5) with only 2k/month we have had to file for bankrupcy. The house is in foreclosure and one of our vehicles is due to be reposesed.
6) We make 50 over the limit for federal assistance.
7) husband job, they are running slow. They are nit picking at husband and put him on 90 day probation. It is a day to day thing for him now.
8) We have no savings left.
9) we cannot move to FL without \any income whatsoever...
10) GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!! but it is sooo hard not to worry!!
I haves many verses to be encouraged.. I have peace with this.. but things need to line up soon before we are homless or have to move in with my inlaws!!
Thanks so much for listening!! :confused::confused::anxious::anxious:
PAula

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry things are such a struggle right now, Paula. This is just the worst time I've seen so many people have in a very, very long time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hopefully something positive will come of it all.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Paula}}} I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...that you are showered with moments of peace and the knowing that good things are to come....and that you are blessed in many ways. I hope you're able to get out of this situation and move to FL. Hugs~

Star*

call 911........call 911
Give it to someone who can handle it. ;) Keeping you in my prayers.

Hoping the power of the board is with you daily!

Hugs & Love - Star
ps. If you have any extra Crem Brule` the is sugar free - pass it here. :tongue:

DammitJanet

I can understand the trepidation of waiting on the court date for disability. I was there a couple of years ago when I got my SSDI. My house was about to go into foreclosure too. The lawyer I had got my case heard faster because my house was in foreclosure. Thankfully. I got approved! It made all the difference in my life. Im in no way rich or anything but that measily little check and really...the medicare/medicaid make all the difference in the world. Now I can go to the doctor and get my medicine. What a relief!

I will be praying you will get to the court date really soon. And that they will find in your favor right off the bat! They approved me in less than a month.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Thank you all so much for your word of encouragement.
*star* I am so sorry but I have no creme brulee.. know how to make it... maybe wI will make some and send it to you!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Paula, it took me three years to get my SSDI and I had to go before a judge as well. Then I had to wait another month for her decision.

I dealt with not only a judge, but a vocational expert and a court appointed doctor.

I really didn't believe I'd get it. Not only did I get substantial backpay, but due to my having been judged to have been disabled effective to my original filing date, I got medicare immediately as well.

Before that my only source of income was a small widow's pension from the VA. I was lucky in that I had VA medical insurance. I still do but with the Medicare as my primary and the VA as my secondary, I get much better coverage now.

You having nothing to lose.

busywend

Ugh - too many things to worry about. I hope things button up soon and you can find a way to follow the plan. I am sorry you have to endure the stress.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Paula, je prie que le Bon Dieu vous garde et vous protège. Bonne chance! Il semble que, ces jours-ci, le Sort s'acharne sur votre famille. Quel malheur.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
You ladies are so wonderful:D.
I can't understand that I just dropped of the board for a longtime. :sad-very:
Since the first scoli surgery (04/07/07)my brain has been more guered on getting better...
It is so yucky to see all that I have worked for my whole (ok im only 44) life on just disintegrate around me.:faint:
The good thing is that husband and easy child 1 and easy child 2 are very loving and very supportive of me;)...... hugs to all of you
PAula

N

Nomad

Do you have an attorney for the disability?

If not...know that if you decide to use one at some point, this will probably make all the difference for you.

Sending a prayer and good thoughts your way. He is not everyone's cup of tea, but I have found and many of my friends have found Joel Osteen on TV to be very uplifting, esp. during stressful times.

Please keep up your good thoughts...perhaps create another list of all the good things in your life and good possibilities. I am sure good thoughts..positive thoughts are very powerful and helpful.

Again..sending up a prayer and good thoughts your way.

Some potential positives:
1. You are still young...only 44
2. Good chance of getting on disability (if not now, then soon)
3. Your husband has a job
4. Your attitude is more positive lately
5. You have rediscovered your friends on this board
6. You have two very loving and supportive kids...
7. You have family in FL and are working on a plan to move there
8. You have computer access
9 You have verses/literature to provide you comfort
10 -12 What else...bet there are other things you can think of and add to the list even more in the coming weeks...

Last edited:

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Nomad, thanks so much for you uplifting message!! You are right.. I have many many blessings..
to continue your list
10) I have very strong friedships with several girl friends with whom we have cried, laughed, hugged and prayed together... I can call any of them at ANY time of day if I need to..(this friendship goes bothways)
11) I still have a roof over our head
12) without all the bills we were paying prior to the bankrupcy, I have plenty of grocery money to feed my family
13) I can still cook, creating meals is one of my favorite things to do.
14) My meals are still much appreciated by family and friends. Seing others loving the food I cook is another of my "haapy places"
15) Hubby is finally taking his anti depressant and is much easier, if not more pleasant to live with....
16) GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

N

Nomad

Awesome list!!!!

Really positive and uplifting for you and all of us here as well.

Thank you.

Someone else posted on WC about financial concerns. Lots of folks here listed really great ideas that are helpful for all of us. You might want to take a look...it's hepful.

I posted about my son and daughter in law shopping those Buy one/Get One (BOGO) sales at the grocery store. She goes on line before she steps foot into her grocery store and gets almost all of those that she knows she will make use of. So nearly 50% of her groceries are FREE! I am AMAZED!!!!!

Just said another prayer for you...keep up the positive thoughts and strength....LOVE YOUR LIST!!! Awesome! :D