Please pray for thank you

trinityroyal

Sue, I am so very sorry. What a devastating thing for all of you to be going through. My deepest condolences to thank you, B's family, you and your family and everyone else touched by B's suicide. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

slsh

member since 1999
Was able to sit and chat with- thank you for about 2 hours today. He's holding up decently for today. I know it will be day by day for quite a while. He did love her, very much. This was apparently nothing more than one of their usual mild tiffs in his eyes, and she certainly didn't give any hint of her mindset. He keeps saying he doesn't know how he will get through this without her.

We both understand why he's being blamed and in his mind, he'd much rather be blamed than have people blame B. We agree that "blame" and "why" are 2 concepts that simply don't apply here because there is no blame or why that will make this understandable, but also that sometimes people need to fix on an easy reason anyway.

She will be cremated, which is fitting for her. Does make it harder I think for our family to really get a fix on the fact that she's really gone - there will be no marker. thank you is pondering doing something in her name, permanently, so that there is concrete evidence of her presence and loss. We'll get there.

I think the thing that we're all struggling with- is how hard it is to grasp that the girl we all loved, who was here cutting thank you's hair last weekend, is really gone and that she did it herself. It just defies comprehension. It wasn't a cry for help, it was a definitive final act. We're all just very raw, with the added worry for thank you.

One day at a time.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your good thoughts for us.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am so sorry Sue - I just cannot imagine this happening or why she felt things were so bad she had to take drastic measures.

Maybe thank you can buy her a star in the sky and name it after her.

Hugs
Marcie

HMBgal

Maybe choose and plant a special rose or tree in the garden? We have several "memorial" roses and it gives me joy to tend them and see them bloom year after year.

I'm so sorry for everyone concerned.

L

Liahona

I'm so sorry for everyone and will be praying for you and thank you and Diva.

pepperidge

I am so sorry. It is so heartbreaking and it feels so much like something we could be living here.

I wonder if something happened at her home that he is not getting the full story about.

Mattsmom277

I'm late seeing this post. I'm praying for all of you along with this young ladies family. Most especially for your thank you. I can only imagine how he is feeling. All of you really. With thank you, I am sayin special prayers that he is able to grieve without taking in responsability that is not his.

I wish I had wise words to offer. Sadly I don't have a clue what they would be. Just know there is yet another family keeping everyone in our warm thoughts and prayers.

everywoman

I'm also late---Oh my! What a horrendous ordeal for your family, friends, and community. I'm so very sorry for your loss---any death of a young person is difficult to grasp---the death of one by suicide adds to that difficulty. Hugs and prayers for you all.

DDD

My most caring and supportive thoughts are in transit to your family. I'm so sorry. DDD

Ephchap

OMG, Sue, just so tragic all the way around. I'm so very sorry for D, that she did the unthinkable, and for thank you and your entire family, and her's. It's just such a tragedy, and my hear goes out to poor thank you. You were absolutely right in what you told him - that maybe if he'd let her in, she woul have lived for that night, but she was obviously a troubled girl, and only she coud save herself. thank you couldn't save her. Just so very sad.

Sending hugs and prayers,
Deb

DammitJanet

Sue, I know thank you may have no clue who Cory is but over the years Cory has come to know about him because I talk about the kids on the board. I told him about this last night and he asked me to get on here and ask you to tell thank you that he was thinking about him and was so sorry and sad for him. And that he would be praying for him and that when they go to church tomorrow night that they would ask for prayers for your family, thank you and B.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am so sorry. In the suicide support groups I attended with my daughter after my son in law committed suicide, what the therapist repeatedly told us is that looking for someone to blame, especially for parents of kids who commit this act, is very, very common. If there is no one to blame, they will blame the coroner, the police, someone will be the cause in their eyes. I also learned that for some people, suicide is always an option, they consider it as a life option and the thought becomes a reality for some.

It was very helpful to listen in these groups while we were going through our own despair and sorrow. It may be a help for your son to know that all of his feelings, especially the hard ones, the anger at the person for doing it, is a normal reaction. Otherwise he may not be able to express that anger, which is part of the healing. Having been down this road, it is not like anything else, it is not like a 'normal' death, it has ramifications which are unique and even if you simply read about it, there are a number of books you can get, it will really help all of you to understand that the feelings everyone is having are normal, healthy, appropriate.

I send you prayers, wishes for healing for everyone's heart to mend, warm and tender hugs wrapped around thank you, you, your family, the family of B, to all who are touched by this act. My heart so goes out to you............

I'm sorry I'm getting here so late. I just don't know what to say... I know how hard it is when a loved one commits suicide to heal, be at peace with the situation. I lost someone very close to me over 25 years ago and even now, when I think about what happened, it is difficult for me to wrap my mind around it. I'm keeping everyone who knew her, loved her, in my thoughts and praying that with time, good memories will take the place of much of the pain, heartache everyone is now going through...

I am also saying extra prayers for thank you... Hugs... SFR

Kathy813

Staff member
I just got back from vacation and saw this thread. I am so, so sorry for your family and B's family. I'm glad that you are there to help thank you through this awful time.

~Kathy

witzend

How very sad. I know that thank you feels awful, but there is truly nothing he could have done for her. Suicide is a solitary thing.