Please remind me NOT to...(random Deb)

Abbey

Spork Queen
...go to work with the stomach flu/crud.:surprise:

...go to the neighbor's house for dinner when I haven't had but one bite of toast in the last 2 days. I think they're offended that I couldn't even finish a dinner roll when they really had a nice spread of food out there. (The 5 dogs secretly helped out.)

...not try to catch a Degu to clean his cage. He can sit in his own crud for all I'm concerned right now. Those little buggers are lightening fast.

...not check your mailbox and find a wrist band that says: FACE YOUR FEARS. BURIALCHAMBERS.COM. Kind of freaked me out.

...not answer my phone when I want to be alone. I'm sorry, my lovely family, but Wisconsinites do not understand the concept of private time.

...not go out to smoke a cig in the middle of the night nude as I can't sleep and my fever is high. I was so spoiled in Vegas as I did this all the time. Here...well, it's rather public. I'm thinking, who else is up at 2am? Evidently a neighbor.

...don't answer the phone on a Saturday when a sports nut calls while watching college football. I'm like...dude, why are you calling me? You are on another planet right now. You just want to high five anyone in calling distance as (pardon me if I don't get this right sport fans) Navy beat some team for the first time in 50 some years. I'm not even sure it was Navy. I kind of stopped listening after about 5 seconds.

...not to volunteer for inventory EVER again. Not fun.

I'm not doing well at being sick, eh?:tongue:

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Deb, don't know what to say. You're used to big city living & now you're in a small town in the Midwest. Smoking naked outside isn't done unless there is a privacy fence in place. ;)

I don't answer phones - in fact turn them off if need be when I'm not feeling well or just need alone time.

Don't go to a dinner party while you're still ill. Or explain your situation.

I can remind you sweetie, but it really is all common sense. Me thinks you hate living there & you're expressing it in the choices you make. Do I sound like the mom of a difficult child? :bigsmile: Must be time to move back to the land you love or find a way to make peace with your new living situation. You can & will find a way whichever choice you make.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I would think the shock of night air in Wisconsin in Novemeber would be enough of a reminder to bundle up. Maybe in some way you are trying to show your dismay at your situation.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Fran. No, I was just running a high fever and too lazy to put clothes on. The cold air did feel nice, though. ;) I will be more careful next time. Promise. ;)

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry you are sick.

If it makes you feel any better, when I first moved to this state we met lovely neighbors across a field from our home. Our home had an open car port with quite a bit of storage. We lived on a 4 lane road but it wasn't terribly busy except at 8 and 5.

You are doing a LOT better with the public nudity than the gentleman who spent 20+ years there before us. He would go out to the carport (open to the world and anyone on the road), strip down, wash off with a bucket of water and a bar of soap (yes, wash ALL of himself), stand a few minutes to "air dry" and then he would get clothes on and go inside.

Our neighbors have the sense of humor needed to live with that daily "viewing". Their nieces and nephews and any other visiting relative used to take out coffee in the morning to "watch the early show", LOL!!!

As long as he was on his own property, inside some kind of structure (carports count) then it was considered "unneighborly" but not public indecency.

Even funnier was that there regularly were cars who would circle the block until he came out to change, LOL!!!

I just want you to feel good soon.

Hugs!

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Susie. I guess I got used to used to a very private home where no one would see you. Now I'm running a 103 temp and the best solution is to just go outside in the cold.

Looks like I might miss tomorrow at work.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Really? Is it this simple? Okay then. Random.
Random Do not
...go to work with the stomach flu/crud.:surprise:
Random Do not.
...go to the neighbor's house for dinner when I haven't had but one bite of toast in the last 2 days. I think they're offended that I couldn't even finish a dinner roll when they really had a nice spread of food out there. (The 5 dogs secretly helped out.)
Random Do
...not try to catch a Degu to clean his cage. He can sit in his own crud for all I'm concerned right now. Those little buggers are lightening fast.
Random Do
...not check your mailbox and find a wrist band that says: FACE YOUR FEARS. BURIALCHAMBERS.COM. Kind of freaked me out.
Although....my first thought was they saw you taking pictures and it could be a job offer?

Random do
...not answer my phone when I want to be alone. I'm sorry, my lovely family, but Wisconsinites do not understand the concept of private time.
Urrrrrr so getting a caller ID thing for Christmas.

Random do
...not go out to smoke a cig in the middle of the night nude as I can't sleep and my fever is high. I was so spoiled in Vegas as I did this all the time. Here...well, it's rather public. I'm thinking, who else is up at 2am? Evidently a neighbor. Well isn't he the lucky one. I bet he asks for binoculars for Christmas.

Random do
...don't answer the phone on a Saturday when a sports nut calls while watching college football. I'm like...dude, why are you calling me? You are on another planet right now. You just want to high five anyone in calling distance as (pardon me if I don't get this right sport fans) Navy beat some team for the first time in 50 some years. I'm not even sure it was Navy. I kind of stopped listening after about 5 seconds.:puppet: wuz it like this?
Random do
...not to volunteer for inventory EVER again. Not fun.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, the positive is this is the first day in several that I could keep a half cup of Cherrios down without immediately vomiting. It's not the best weight loss plan, although effective. Missed two days of work, which is not so good. Down to 101 temp which is an improvement.

I am still afraid to check the mail. ;)

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Put the Degu in the mail box - the should avoid further odd mail and potentially could result in the omission of further bills.

Connect the nosey neighbor with the Sports nut - seems they are both bored and would have scads to talk about. Since your Minnesotian neighbors like to talk on the phone - it's win/win for them both.

Do inventory in the nude while smoking - and well I don't think you'd have to worry about volunteering for ANYTHING anymore - I bet you'd get a better job offer too. :tongue: This is like - killing 2 birds et al. Wait 3 - nude, smoking inventory - (sorry my math is off this am)

DO attend the neighbors dinner - except throw up THERE - that will further eliminate future invitations forever. Promise. AND put your phone on call forward for all the relatives to call you there. ;) - again, multitasking is a lost art.

Who eats Cheerios when they are barfy? :sick: - Maybe if you step out on the back porch to have a smoke - you can send up smoke signals to the neighbor to ask the other neighbor to bring you some soup? :alien:

FEEL BETTER - oh and have someone knit Knuckles a sweater - that mail box may get cold.

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
When difficult child 1 was at home, he was running with a not-so-great crowd. He was grounded the night the group pulled their big stunt that landed them all with charges.
But the authorities knew he was part of the group, so when my husband got up to use the little boys' room at 2am and saw some guy sneaking around our cars in the drive way, he grabbed a pair of underwear and pulled them on as he marched out the door, screaming. They weren't exactly on when he got out the door.
The man was a deputy checking the engines on the car to see if anyone (aka difficult child) had been out recently. He offered to let husband go put some clothes on, and husband said no reason now, he'd already "seen the show", so to speak.
Fast forward 3 years. sister in law invited us to go horseback riding with her and a friend. We go, and her friend brings her new boyfriend. We pull up in my very distinctive truck (custom painted) and the new boyfriend is watching us. husband gets out and the new boyfriend yells, "OH MY GOD, ITS TIGHTY WHITEY GUY!"
Turns out that deputy's name was Steve and he likes to ride horses, too...
As for the rest of it...do whatever. Its people like you that keep the phone companies in small towns profitable. That and crazy cat ladies.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Shari. Those situations make great memories.

Starbie...got to love you, girl. I typed this long response today and hit some odd button on my computer that erased it all.

*If* I could get the Degu in the box I'd do it instantly. I want to slap him up, but then he peers out the cage door wanting to be pet.

Nake, smoking and inventory are probably not under the companies guidelines. I think they'd frown on that.

I did contact the sports nut as he emailed me that he was driving by the house I grew up in. Little turd got me. I bit into it hook line and sinker. He laughed and said he was just messing with me. I DON'T NEED TO BE MESSED WITH RIGHT NOW.

Anyhoo...fever is slowly going down. Eating is still a chore.

Abbers