please remind me tomorrow!!!!

tonime

toni
Sometimes I get so frustrated with difficult child! However, I think I tend to forget when he does so well. Today-- we went to my uncle's 80th birthday party (people difficult child maybe met twice). First, we sat in GRUELING traffic-- had to pick up some family members on the way. All in all in the car over 3 hours. difficult child watched his dvd. At party--was very good. A little shy at first--all other kids girls. Ended up talking to my 78 year old aunt (difficult child told me later "she's my kind of lady"). Later, played "hide and go seek" with the girls. Just a good day.
I think I tend to be hard on my difficult child-- I love him so much--but sometimes stepping back and letting things be is the best.
He did great today- and not a drop of medication.

So, I just have to remember this when other things happen!!

B

bran155

So nice to hear good news. I am so happy you all had such a pleasant day. "She's my kind of lady", how cute!!! Sometimes it is hard for us to let that defensive wall down and enjoy the good times. We are so worn out and ready for the worst that we can't always see the sun. I know that feeling all too well.

Well, today was one for the books. :)

M

ML

You absolutely have to celebrate those moments and days. Every time something good happens, let us know so we can celebrate with you. They make it all worth it. Our kids put us through the wringer but they are so precious too.