Please send wishes, prayers whatever for rehab

TerryJ2

Thank you for your support on the general bb for my niece.
My sister got her into rehab today ... it's only for 29 days but it's better than nothing. Apparently there was a lot of fear and a lot of tears and that's why it took all day.
The bad news is ... I thought my niece was doing pot and crack. Turns out she's into crystal meth. Her face is all broken out and she's lost a lot of weight.
A good friend of mine is a former deputy sheriff and she sent me pics online, b4 and after, of crystal meth users. OMG. I had seen these pics b4 but never thought I would know anyone personally who might go through that.
My friend said she was given training on the dept. 4 yrs ago, so it may be outdated, but they were told that there's only a 2% permanent rehab rate for crystal meth.
My little sister is saying things like "just keeping her alive" in regard to how successful the rehab will be (this is her 4th time I think) ... so I think she knows she's living on borrowed time.
Someone, somewhere has to be in that 2%. Why can't it be my niece?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Your neice can be part of that 2% if she wants it bad enough.

I'm so sorry about the meth. Stepgfg is a meth addict. I truely hope your neice becomes one of the 2%. Meth addicts have a very very short life span.

Scarey as h*ll.

I'll keep your neice in my prayers, as well as your sis.

Hugs

TerryJ2

Thank you. I told husband tonight. He's always Pollyannna, but I could see his shoulders slump. And the first words out of his mouth were, "She could be part of that 2 percent."
There's nothing I can do but sit here and worry, or try not to worry. I can help my sister so she doesn't lose her mind ... help out with-my dad and my nephew ...but my sister has always enabled my niece, and I'm worried that they'll let her stay at the house when she gets out of rehab. Someone made noises about a halfway house, and I think that would be great... but who knows. Their family is falling apart and it is so painful to watch.