Please think of us also...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't know what is happening but I, like Weeping Willow, had a not so good day. This was one of K's worst days as well... I am tearing up just thinking of her what her little mind has been through... she is dellusional. I am so scared for her right now. She is not even in reality. She thinks she has a dead brother who was 26 when he died. She is convinced all of this

i am sorry I can't even write about all of this right now. it is making me cry.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
toto,

I would imagine that the phone call you rec'd from your adoptive father had a bigger impact on your emotional well being than you would/could handle. That's a lot to handle the day before a family holiday.

Combine that with K & her issues - geez, lady. You need a break!

As for K, you can't do anything about her states of confusion/unreality except to keep her safe.

When kt has her states of disassociation all we can do is try to keep her "connected", if you will, through physical sensations.

We rock in a chair near her, talk calmly to her (even if we don't think kt can hear us, on some level she does), I have a CD with calm music right near the player that husband or the PCA pop in & start playing (it's automatic now). So while kt is in this disconnected/unrealy state of mind we work our own agenda to get/keep her as connected as we can.

Just something to consider (by the way, the calming CD is more for me than it is for kt).

Find a mindless activity today. I paint/sketch or draw. It calms my spirit. Yesterday I picked up my knitting for the first time in 5 months - same as the artwork.

Be gentle with yourself.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree with Linda. You've got alot on your plate right now. Give yourself a break and take life easy for a few days. Concentrate on keeping difficult child safe, let other worries go.

Saying prayers and sending warm gentle hugs.

SRL

Prayers and hugs for you and your little girlie today, Totoro.

Any chance of getting wrap around services to give you a break?

Steely

<span style="color: #330033"> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;BIG HUGS&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

K, is going to be alright. She really is. Like Linda said, hold her tight, rock her, keep her connected, and she will be alright. Remember you are doing a medication wash ~ and sometimes this takes months to be completely out of their system before they reach baseline. Her little brain is doing backflips right now, and there is nothing else you can do other than breathe this through with her. You have the doctors in place, and the support ~ and you are absolutely the best mom that K can ask for ~ you are doing all you can.

How are things today? You must also be reeling from your own personal holiday issues, as well as the phone call from your dad ~ can you get a break from it all today and get out of the house?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh Thank you guy's. She is still doing horribly. She is very elevated and looking for her friends again. She just attacked me because we were trying to discuss what we could watch together on TV, she didn't like the options and jumped on me and started hitting me. husband had to pull her off of me, he has her in the other room restraining her right now. I have the puppy and N in another room. NO there will be no break for me for awhile... husband leaves on Monday for a week.

We had everything in place... I actually felt pretty good going into yesterday, despite the phone call and all the family drama.
We has the kids "safe" place set up, the guest room set up that has the rocking chair with our music player and soft blankets. We moved a TV in for the girls with some movies and toys even TV trays. N has croup also...

They played outside, helped with food, rested, very calm. We let them do what they wanted to avoid anxiety... No-one showed up until 1.
Only 3 people came over... they loved the kids.
But K just kept getting more and more elevated and manic... hiding, getting scared. We were all talking in the family room K was hiding behind me, she started talking about her dead brother, Tutu. he is 26. She was very specific with details and she started sobbing this went on the rest of the night. Her losing control of reality. She went into the guest room and stayed, just screaming for her brother for hours. Meanwhile I was trying to finish cooking...
husband and I took turns rocking her and talking to her, doing exactly what you said Linda, we use the music, but it didn't touch her last night.

We gave her 2 PRN's and she finally passed out after hours of hallucinating and screaming at the top of her lungs... needless to say it was a very interesting Thanksgiving for our guests, but they were very understanding.

The meal actually was great!!! It took me all day to get it done... I am very tired. Drained. I was actually glad we had friends here.

I just don't know what to do for her, or what the next step is.
Hardly any of the books ever talk about kids this young...
She just came back in the room and calmly told me she is running away.

I believe we need a miracle.

Steely

Oh sweetie.......you will get a miracle.....I firmly believe it.

My son just called from his dads, and told me he is running away too. Hmmmm.........should be interesting since it is 60 miles away. That is a long walk :shocked: Big SIGH.......................

(Also remember, too, that Lamictal is better for the depression part of it - she will probably need some other MD for her mania - and then when that is in place things will get better.)

TerryJ2

Oh, how stressful. Poor thing.
I'm glad your friends were there, too. They helped ground you. I hope you can get K some more help. I don't know what to suggest.

:flower: