Please...what do I do?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh my, my heart is breaking for you and your family and your brother. You're doing what you're supposed to...just breathe and continue to to just be for right now. It's too fresh and new to think of anything beyond that. Godspeed in your travels. Reach out to the VA and anyone who may be able to help guide you over the next days, weeks, months. Sending all the energy for healing hearts that I have. Hugs and I, so sorry.

DammitJanet

Im sorry I am coming in late to this. I am so sorry this has happened with your brother and to your whole family. I dont even want to imagine the pain. I doubt you are up for the job but maybe ask your husband to contact the Marines and ask them if they have any support for families of veterans who have done this. The military has brought in a whole lot more services lately.

As the family member of several Marines I am very saddened by this and I do send my very heartfelt prayers. Remember though, he will be met by his fellow Marines.

Hugs

tiredmommy

(((UAN))) I wish I could be there with you in person to offer my support. Please know that we will be here to support you and your family through this most painful time and beyond.

Thank you guys. Last night I took a xxanax and went to sleep. Once I was more calm I could call my mother back. My mom said she was going to call the VA and see about the funeral, my grandfather was in the Navy and when he passed away 1/12 years ago at age 99, he had the most beautiful service, he would have loved it. My cousin is driving to FL today, I'm going to go to her house later this morning and go with her.

It's too horrific and surreal. I didn't know he was so troubled. They have to do an autopsy on him before they can release him.

He was 42. This can't be happening. My poor brother! I cannot even believe this, he shot himself.

DammitJanet

I know this is such a shock but you never know, maybe he found out some horrible news about something to do with his heath that he didnt want to end up living with the rest of his life. Lots of people choose this way to end it rather than slowly die without control.

Anyway, I hope this trip brings you a little relief. I doubt it will except it will bring you a little closer in area to him.

DDD

I'm coming in late but with very sincere sorrow for your loss. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. by the way I "think" that once he is released to a funeral home they contact the VA for you as it is part of their job and one less stressor for the family. Hugs DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD is right. Maybe it depends on the funeral home...........but my guy helped us fill out the paperwork and everything and sent it off. And he was certain to apply for absolutely anything they might have to offer. This was a very good thing as honestly, not one of us was up to doing it at that point. (which is why he does it voluntarily for his clients)

Continuing prayers for you and the family.

((hugs))

Mattsmom277

I too am late to seeing this. Please travel safely and know that another person is thinking of you all and so very sorry that this has happened. Sending huge warm bear hugs.

busywend

I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your brother. Suicide is a very complex and confusing thing for surviving family and friends to grasp. Don't be surprised by very different reactions from yourself or others around you. I am glad you are heading to be with your parents. Hugs and sympathy to you.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I just saw this thread so my writing is late. I am very sorry for your loss and will be praying for you and the family during this difficult time. Hugs to you.

Steely

Please message me...I am so, so sorry. I understand it all, and yet it takes years to grasp. Sending strength and love your way.