Police report, pediatrician visit, victim witness...

Can I scream now? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :mad:

I spent the day yesterday on the phone being referred here, there and everywhere, trying to get someone to examine Jayme and make an official report. (see previous post for details)

First I called pediatrician, nurse said they would be happy to see Jayme, do cursery exam, refer her to counseling, etc. That appointment is set for 9 this morning. They recommended I take her to the ER in a neighboring town to have the official "rape kit" done.

I called that ER, as suggested by nurse, to give them the heads up that we were coming in. Charge nurse of ER explained that they would need a police report and to call our local police dept. Also, we will need the police report to file with victim/witness program to get them to pay for the exam and any counseling either now and/or later on down the line.

So, called our local PD and talked with a very nice officer who sympathized with our situation but was doubtful he could get anything substantial out of Jayme, especially with her being so non-verbal. Although she is having night terrors, constant tummy aches and is petrified of being left alone!!! He suggested starting with Pediatrician and letting her do a simple exam and see what she can get out of Jayme since J has a good relationship with her pediatrician. Then if pediatrician sees any reason for a more extensive exam, she could get that ball rolling.

Then, our foster agency called, told them the latest of Jayme's fears and obvious worries over D and they said they would cover any and all of Jayme's counseling expenses.

Police officer did take an over the phone report and gave me a case #. Not exactly sure what to do with it, but at least it is reported.

Jayme continues to be frightened, keeps checking to make sure D is not in his room, keeps asking me where D is. I have explained over and over that he is at a different home and won't be coming back home. That we will keep her safe. We have done alot of holding, rocking, book reading, movie watching over the last 2 days. She has even went back to taking a bottle several times daily. She finds comfort with that and I am totally ok with it. She is carrying 5 Binki's with her, and one is constantly in her mouth. Her tummy continues to hurt her. So, can't wait to get her into her pediatrician, her pediatrician is awesome and I pray will have some good suggestions for us. I also hope the counseling will help Jayme express her fears and get them out there so she can start to heal.

I am totally frustrated with the victim witness program. She should already have been involved with it since her older 3 siblings were since the time they were all removed from bio mom 3 years ago. Jayme was "forgotten" then and continues to be now. ERRRR!! After the pediatrician visit this morning, they will be getting another call from me!!!

Anyways, couldn't sleep, so thought I would vent away on here. Thanks for being here for me and for our family!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...He suggested starting with Pediatrician and letting her do a simple exam and see what she can get out of Jayme since J has a good relationship with her pediatrician. Then if pediatrician sees any reason for a more extensive exam, she could get that ball rolling.

Then, our foster agency called, told them the latest of Jayme's fears and obvious worries over D and they said they would cover any and all of Jayme's counseling expenses. </div></div>

It sounds as if you are making headway. I'm sorry to hear about Jayme's continuing worry. I'm sure the regression is absolutely normal. Bless her heart- I hope she feels comfort and safety soon.

Hugs,
Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Vickie

It is a most frustrating process, and not so easy to find the right path. But I'm glad you've got the ball rolling.

If Jamye needs to have an exam via a hospital, do you have a children's hospital within driving distance? I imagine they would be a bit more skilled in handling the situation with a child, especially one so young.

Counseling might not be necessary. I'd find a really good one and sort of fill them in/ask questions the first visit to see what their opinion is. The two I took easy child to both said that she was actually too young, and that counseling might do more harm than good. So instead I took the route of assuring and reinforcing to easy child that she was safe and it wouldn't happen again. From what you've said, you're already doing this for her. That is the most important thing. That she feels safe and protected by you and husband.

My heart aches that this has happened. Saying prayers and sending gentle (((hugs)))

Just got home from pediatrician visit. Everything in "that" area is in tact and doesn't look injured at all. But, given the fact that she is continuing to have night terrors and is basically glued to my side for comfort, pediatrician ordered counseling/play therapy for Jayme. pediatrician basically said the same thing many of you said, she will get the best "therapy" from husband and I reassuring her that nothing like this will happen again, we will keep her safe, etc. She said the counseling might or might not help, but we ought to at least try it to see if it does help.

Thanks to everyone for your continued good thoughts and prayers, they really do help so very much!!!

Hugs,
Vickie