Pondering

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I was just eating my M&Ms and easy child asked me what I was doing? I eat them by color. First yellow, then orange, then brown, then blue, then green. I can't eat the red ones. I don't do this sort of thing much. I used to eat my fruit loops dry so I could eat them in order yellow, orange, red, green but when they added blue and purple I quit eating them too many colors.

I know some people have habits of no food touching or one food at a time those type of things. Is this just a habit or would it be charactarized as an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) thing?

Beth

Josie

It sounds OCDish to me, too. But if it's the only thing you do, I wouldn't worry about it. easy child's psychiatrist/therapist says that many of his patients have some little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) thing that they don't even address because it doesn't get in the way of anything. He sees patients for all different things, not just Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

To really be diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) behaviours or thoughts have to take up a certain amount of time in the day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I do it too. I also do it with Necco wafers. Haha. I am admittedly a tad bit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)-ish, but it doesn't interfere with my life, so I don't worry about it. I happen to like quirky.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's only a disorder if it affects your life.
This is in the range of normal variance of average behavior. In my very humble opinion of course.

When I was a kid I only walked on the red tiles in the kitchen. It was a game then habit but if I were to walk on a white one, I didn't suffer anxiety. It was a habit, a routine. Strange but not abnormal.

Think of it as shadow symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) if it clears up the picture.

trinityroyal

I agree with Fran...it's only a disorder if it negatively affects you. It IS a bit OCDish, but closer to a habit or ritual than a disorder.

Tea with no sugar, unless of course I'm having toast, in which case it's tea with 1 1/2 spoons of sugar. Have to eat the red Smarties first, then the pink ones, then the brown ones, etc., until only the purple ones are left. Books on the shelf by height and category (because alphabetical would confuse me)...

The fact that SO remembers all of this stuff and doesn't think it's weird (even brings me tea with or without sugar, depending on the toast factor) was one of the reasons I knew he was The One.

I frequently sort M&Ms, Skittles, Sweetarts, etc. by color before eating. Then I count 'em and eat from most to least.

But more often I just rip the bag open and shovel 'em in.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I love Jujubes - I buy a few boxes, and then sort them by color LOL

I eat the purple ones first, then the red, then the orange. Yellow and green are put aside cause I don't like those, but will eventually eat them when I am out of all of the others. Its the only thing edible that I sort out first.

Am glad to know I am not the ony candy sorter..

Marcie

goldenguru

When I walk there is a certain line in the concrete and I have to cross it and so does my dear ol dog ... never walk without crossing the line.

I agree that I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't negatively effect your life. In addition I might ask myself "Can I eat my M&M's out of color order if I have to?"

We're all a little quirky. It's a matter of degrees.

Josie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldenguru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In addition I might ask myself "Can I eat my M&M's out of color order if I have to?"

</div></div>

I think that is the most important point. My daughter with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) would say she NEEEEEEEEEEDS to eat them in order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ant'smom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sure is an M&M week aroud here. lol </div></div>

Well, quite a few of us have a "weak"ness for M&Ms...

nvts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timer lady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beth,

I do the same with M&Ms - I don't consider it the least bit OCDish. It's the only way to eat M&Ms. :crazy: </div></div>

With all due respect, I must disagree.

Being a purest this is the only way to eat M&M's:

1. sort by color
2. choose 2 colors to start
3. put all of one color in the left cheek
4. put all of the other color in the right
5. wait until the candy shell melts off
6. push your cheeks in so that the chocolate explodes into your mouth (make sure lips are closed or it could get ugly!!!)
7. repeat until <u>all</u> M&M's are gone

Proceed to kitchen for insulin shot. :thumb:

the other Beth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nvts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. sort by color
2. choose 2 colors to start
3. put all of one color in the left cheek
4. put all of the other color in the right
5. wait until the candy shell melts off
6. push your cheeks in so that the chocolate explodes into your mouth (make sure lips are closed or it could get ugly!!!)
7. repeat until <u>all</u> M&M's are gone

Proceed to kitchen for insulin shot. :thumb:
</div></div>No, no, no.

Here is how you do it:

Get a handful and hold until approaching the chocolate melting point (remember, they melt in your mouth, not in your hand).

Pop into your mouth and rapidly crush the candy shells with your teeth.

Slowly :censored2: the chocolate out of the chocolate/candy mass.

Then, crunch the candy part as a sugary chaser to the chocolate.

NOW you can go get that insulin shot.

[added in edit] Guess I'll have to train myself to type "vacuum" or "extract" or something instead of ess-you-see-kay.

Sunlight

I like to look at each one that has the halloween face on it (pumpkin pack ones), then I smile at the cute expression on the M&M and bite right into it.
dang it I am going to look like a pumpkin myself soon. no more bags of these for me after this one...yeah, that's the ticket...this is the very very last bag, finito, uh huh.

F

flutterbee

I thought m&m's with a diet coke chaser was considered 'part of this complete breakfast'.

You know...protein, grain, fruit/veggies, dairy, chocolate and caffeine. Sounds complete to me. :doctor:

I'm with HereWeGoAgain - I just open the bag and "shovel them in" also.

OK, enough talk about CANDY!!! I tried to get away from this subject just minutes earlier after reading Janet's post. Now I'm CRAVING M&M's. Luckily, I don't have any in the house. Now, I just have to keep myself away from the kitchen so I don't end up eating everything in sight and still end up CRAVING M&M's...

Sometimes all of you are just not good for me!!! :rofl:

Ok, I exercised today :smile: - Anyone else??? WFEN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wyntersgrace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought m&m's with a diet coke chaser was considered 'part of this complete breakfast'. </div></div> :rofl:

Reminds me of the time I was going through the cafeteria line behind a woman I know. She grabbed a chocolate-chip cookie and remarked, "I'm having a Diet Coke, so I can afford the cookie." "Why don't you get a large Diet Coke?", I said, "then you could have two cookies."

I must be on a different level than youse guys. Dere.

When I eat, say, Dots or Mike & Ikes, there is an order (same for jellybeans). Ickiest to tastiest. Yellow, green (unless green is apple, then it gets bumped up past orange), orange, purple, pink, red. Red is always last. Red always tastes best.

There is always the least of red.

M&Ms? All taste the same. Does not matter.

Dark M&Ms are sexy. Meow.