Pooch with- razor burn...

klmno

Actually, these look more like scrapes from getting shaved on his belly yeasterday at the groomers. I can't find the vasoline- Lord only knows what difficult child did with it. But, I have lanocaine, something called "spectazole" ointment, and cocoa butter cream. Which should I use?

susiestar

Roll With It
Spectazole is an antifungal cream. i would NOT use that. Not sure what the "caine" in lanocaine would do to a furbaby. I would be leary.

Do you have any aloe? That might help. Otherwise I would probably leave it alone. But I haven't had razor burn in so long I am not sure I am help.

I might get some neosporin or triple antibiotic cream to put on it.

(You can tell him I was VERY discreet about it. Nothing was said that would have Gracie or Captain Morgan laughing at him. We will keep his boo-boo private so they don't send messages up the WoofBell Phone Company Woof and meow lines. No need to heap that upon the poor sugar baby.)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Poor baby :( Unless he's clearly in pain, I wouldn't mess with it -- except for maybe the anitbiotic ointment. Just a dab. Won't hurt him if he licks it, I don't think...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No advice because I'd have grabbed the vasoline myself.

Poor baby, geez. Weren't they watching what they were doing?

susiestar

Roll With It
Are you going to call the groomer or whatever business you took your FB (furbaby) to for the grooming? I would call and ask for $$ back because they hurt my FB. or at least the next service free and would stay to watch them.

Hugs to you and FB!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi -

Was out of my mind yesterday so I missed this. I'm sorry your pooch has the burn. My Mother has been a groomer for years. Occasionally despite her best attempts and abilities she would get a wiggler. It's not impossible - and sometimes she refused to groom that particular dog again because of it's anxiety levels. It would have to have vet prescribed valium BEFORE she would do it again, and the name of the persons vet IF the medications appeared to make the dog too groggy. It could also have been an inexperienced groomer although I doubt it - finishers are the only ones who should ever clip. I know this because I was shampoo girl for EVER. Never held clippers. (except for that one time I gave Dude a horrible Mohawk)

Aloe would be the best if you have it. If not then I would go to the dollar store and buy an ointment for burns. I would NOT use Vaseline. It traps moisture and doesn't allow the burn to breathe. No cocoa butter or anything with alcohol either. Maybe call your vet for his advice?

Sorry for the owie....if it is bad enough - I would call the groomer and ask what she's willing to do about it? Maybe offer to buy the medicine - or give $ off on next grooming. If nothing? And you can find someone else - I'd go there. If she says he should be sedated - get to your vet and get some doggie downers....and give that and the vet's name to your groomer.

klmno

Thanks all! I did put a bit of cocoa butter on it- sorry I didn't know, Star! I don't think this had alcohol in it though. I'll pick up something else today. He slept fine- right next to me and the queen bee!!