Pooped his pants in his sleep

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
New one on me.

difficult child slept WAY past normal time for him, til almost 11am (he rarely sleeps past 7:15, NEVER past 8) unless he's sick.

But, he messed his pants in his sleep. That's actually what woke him up.

Then woke up very tired after 14 hours of sleep.

What's up with that?

Sara PA

Does he have nocturnal seizures? Could that be why he slept late? Or could he have had a partial seizure in the area of the brain that controls his bowel? Or, the most obvious: Is he sick? Intestinal virus?

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm thinking he was in such a deep sleep that he was relaxed down to his bottom. Why he would sleep that long is another question but if he tends to hold it (like my difficult child did) I could see how seriously deep sleep could relax that area.

My difficult child was night dry long before he was day dry. Never had accidents at night but did in the day. Do you think he was a little hyper during the day?

Poor little guy must have needed sleep or is fighting off some sort of virus.

klmno

Has he had a recent increase or addition of a medication? difficult child says this gives him diareaha (sp). I would wait and see if he ends up with other symptoms of being sick or if it is a 1-time thing- as the others suggested.

Christy

Hopefully an isolated incident!

Any recent medication. changes? Any possibility of an accidental double dose of a medication (to account for the tiredness)?

I wouldn't worry too much unless it happens again.

Christy

Lothlorien

I'm thinking that you may want to have another eeg done. Could very well be an isolated incident, but he does have seizures and is on medsfor them. It is very possible that this is indeed seizure related, especially since you say he was still very tired. If nothing else, call the neurologist and make him aware of it.