Poor difficult child

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband got an e-mail today saying difficult child was kicked off of patrol for kicking someone while on duty. Patrols was one thing difficult child has been really working hard at and has been very proud.

After a bit of checking the adult who witnessed it was shocked difficult child was kicked off. She said another kid was play bothering difficult child and difficult child did a play karate kick. She is going to talk to the principal and husband talked to the person who runs patrol.

Hopefully he will get put back on patrol starting tomorrow. The patrol person said when she got the e-mail from the principal and talked to difficult child, difficult child had no memory of having kicked anyone.

Later in the day he ended up getting in trouble for something and is now at in school suspension tomorrow for 1/2 a day. I'm sure part of it stemmed from getting kicked off patrol although he is trying to act like it is no big deal.

Please cross your fingers he gets put back on patrol, it truly looks like he didn't kick anyone in a mean way and didn't hurt anybody accidently either.

jannie

trying to survive....
I am sorry the privledge of being a Safety Patrol was taken away from difficult child. They are also very strict in our school regarding losing Safety Patrol privledges because they expect the kids to be role models to the rest of the school. In our school kids get warnings or temporary suspensions prior to losing the position for the entire year and are allowed to return back to their "Patrol Post" after a few weeks. I hope difficult child gets the opportunity to continue being a patrol again because it sounds as it this is something he really enjoys and is proud of.

LittleDudesMom

Hope they found out it was all in fun and reinstate him to safety patrol. That was a huge deal at difficult child's elementary school. Now in middle school, we don't have safety patrol - the kids run wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, hope it works out for him.

Sharon

Sharon,

I hope difficult child is allowed back on safety patrol. I think it is important for difficult children's self-esteem to at the very least, have one activity that they enjoy and are proud doing. They need to have a sense of accomplishment in something. I think this is especially important for your difficult child given his downward spiral lately.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he is back on safety patrol soon!!! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that his downward spiral has to do with the busy holiday season and ends ASAP!!! WFEN

K

Kjs

everything crossed. These little things mean so much to difficult child's. When they work hard and are proud it is even more special.

DDD

Fingers crossed. Safety Patrol was really important to two of my
children...and they were PCs. DDD

mum2JK&TH

All body parts are crossed here! I hope he gets back on, sounds like a positive thing...it would be a shame that they don't see this and lose a great learning opportunity for him.

Aw, I sure hope they get him back on the safety patrol.

(I LOVED being on the safety patrol. 100 years ago. When we watched for horse-and-buggies before crossing the street.)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies,

Still now word. husband said he talked to vp. Sounds like it might get cleared up but I'm a bit unhappy that it wasn't cleared up today! Will let you know when I hear.

BBK-You have me rofl-horse and buggies!