Poor girlfriend and her difficult child mom.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 1's fiance hit a deer in her little car Saturday night. We were over an hour away at a family party when it happened, and she called in a panic, not knowing what to do. She had called her mom (her parents are divorced and dad is out of state) and mom was completely inebriated, so she couldn't help.
We called exBIL and exFIL. They took girlfriend home and got her car pulled off the road so it would be safe. When we got home, we towed the car to our house.
GFs mom wouldn't give her the insurance info to call and see if she needed a police report for the insurance. She got mad and yelled at easy child 1 for "taking over". As far as I know, it is still not turned in, and the little car is brand new. And now its a lawn ornament in my yard.
Then, yesterday, I invited easy child 1 and girlfriend to go to brunch (my self proclaimed mother's day gift), then girlfriend was taking her mom to get a pedicure. GFs mom got mad at girlfriend for coming to lunch with us, when easy child 1 wouldn't be "honoring her" by going with them to get a pedicure. girlfriend showed up crying, and I told her it was fine to leave lunch to go with her mom, so she went with her mom, then I guess her mom felt guilty, so half an hour later, poor girlfriend shows up again.
I asked if I could do anything to help...maybe send her mom a dozen roses or something. girlfriend said sadly, flowers would probably help.
After brunch, girlfriend went to get her mom to take her for a pedicure. Her mom refused to go.
The poor girl.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GFGmom sounds a lot like my mother in law. Pay attention to me or I'll pull a guilt trip.

I'm glad you're around for girlfriend, 'cause she needs someone stable!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yet again reminding me why I don't drive on these country roads...deer. Maybe an occasional turkey.

That must have been very scary for her. I hope it all works out.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was going to ask where the JERKy was - but read further and realized it was easy child 1's gfs MOTHER.....

She didn't need a pedicure - she needed a lobotomy - I hope the girlfriend learned something here or next year just goes ahead and buys herself a case of chapstick for those tender PUCKER UP moments.

GAW!

(You're a good Mom) and the address to send the OTHER dozen roses to is.....STAR......at XXX :tongue: