Poor Q has a terrible mom, or so the teacher seems to think today... uggg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I agree, keep it.

Also, if she had stopped at "day" it would have been enough. But she really hammered it home. throughout his day, week or life.
OMG, she has no clue.
If she keeps up like this, you can introduce her to DaisyFace's former soc. wkr. I'm sure they could be friends.

LOL! I think it's hilarious that our experience has become the "high water mark" for bad counseling...

Seriously, though - I'm beginning to wonder if these therapists go as far as they can go...and then when what THEY are doing is not working, they conclude that the parents must be un-cooperative, undermining, or somehow sabotaging the therapy.

InsaneCdn

DF - From what we've seen first-hand? The therapists don't even take it as far as THEY can... they just directly assume that it is a parenting problem. AND sabotage any attempts to get any interventions or accommodations, because "the kid doesn't need them... its just a parenting problem"...

The only ones who "get" it seem to be those who have walked a mile in our shoes - maybe milder cases, but... their own kid, or a sibling, or even a close relative... Otherwise? They can't wrap their head around it, so obviouslyu it isn't logical, so doubly-obviously... its a parenting problem. Right? wrong, of course... WE know that, THEY don't.