popping in

Steely

Hi guys...........

Just popping in because I miss you guys! I do not have internet except for the hotel lobby this week, but I just wanted to say HI.

The job interview was the weirdest experience I have ever had. As much as everything seemed to be falling into place for this job to be for me - and even though I think they will offer me the job - I do not think I would be a fit for them. I am really dissapointed. It is hard to explain, but I just do not think I would be happy in that town, or that position. :(
I still have time to think and ponder this - but it was/is a bit surreal.

I am now visiting difficult child in ID. He just blew my socks off today. He was/is amazing. He is a COMPLETELY different person than he was 4 months ago. Again, I just can't explain it, except to say he has done a 180. He walks tall (all 6'4 of him), looks people in the eye, is calm, rational - my son again. I am speechless at the transformation. I cannot believe he is my kid.:redface:

So that is all for now. A crazy whirlwind week, with a total of 10 plane tranfers - and going from TX, to AZ, where I got sunburned - to ID where it is snowing and beautiful.

I have 3 more days with difficult child. I am keeping my fingers crossed things continue to go well for him/us -
And that my career will somehow land on the right track - wherever that might be.

Love you guys. Hope all is well with you all. And I will be back more on the board next week.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thank you for posting! I have been on the edge of my proverbial seat with wonder.

Well whatever you decide about the job, it will be what is right for you. You need to go with your heart and soul.

On the other hand! I am so happy about M's progress, what a great thing to read.
I truly hope he continues to grow and thrive up there.
Maybe this timing was right for him? Maybe the combo of his growth and psychiatrist's theories are working.
Oh and of course Mom's love! I am also sure all of the past is likely coming out now that he is seeing some stability and he is able to use all of the skills you have taught him over the years.

It is all coming together for your young man, fingers crossed for the future.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steely I've been watching for news.

You do what is right for you with the job. You don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Glad the visit with difficult child is going well. And that he is doing so well. :D Awesome!! Hope he can stay on the right track and the rest of your visit is wonderful.

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Steely, it's good to hear from you. That's wonderful about your son. What a fabulous surprise!

As for the job, maybe this is a good time to do a "Pro" and "Con" list. When I'm in quandaries like this, it helps me to write things down, then prioritize. Something about seeing it in writing helps clear my focus and identify the real deal breakers or deal makers.

Suz

Andy

Thanks for the update. You do have to find a job that you will be happy with. Fantastic news about difficult child! You have been through such heartbreak with him that having the light at the end of this tunnel be brighter than can be imagined is so good for you and him. I bet you can feel pressurers and stressers being lifted off your shoulders daily.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Steely,
I'm so glad Matt is doing so well!!!! As for the job, like the others have said, do what is right for you. Hugs.

Jena

Steely i'm so so glad he is doing well, that is great news!! I"m glad i jumped in too i was so curious to know about the job and the interview.

you know wha'Tourette's Syndrome best for you and if the fit will be a good one, or if it's change that's holding you back. You always are on target with you :)

sounds busy though wow alot of traveling. and no internet!! Scary!!!

((((Hugs))))

either way i'm glad you had the experience of going to interview like this!!

rejectedmom

Good to hear from you glad you are doing welland enjoying your son and his transformation. i'm sure you are tired and realy need to think about allthat is going on. You really thought this job and the move was what you wanted and I'm sorry that you are not impressed and having second thoughts. I would do what suz suggests and do you list but also listen to your inner voice. I'm sure you will make the right decision for yourself. -RM

M

ML

Steely you sound really good and I hope you realize how far you've come and can feel good about where you are. It is almost spring again, the time of renewal and rebirth, of dreams and new beginnings.

KTMom91

Steely...I'm SO happy that M is doing so well!

Sorry the interview/town/job isn't what you'd hoped it would be. I like the list idea.

Have fun with M!