Popping In

susiestar

Roll With It
We don't have internet in the new house yet, so I am at the bookstore cafe with my laptop. Thought I would pop in to see how everyone is.

I have had 5 days of migraines and the entire move is a big hassle of errors. My father chose a moving co and presented us with them as a gift. we went along because husband was really frazzled. That was a HUGE mistake.

First, husband was a mover in college. he knows what they need, can do, and about how long it should take. So we had everything in order, ready to go on Mon. last week.

This co not only didn't show up, they couldn't call, return a call on time or honor any commitment. When they DID show up, a day later than the orig time, and six hours later than we were told for that rescheduled day, a young guy (early 20's at the very oldest) who had to be the owner's son, flat out refused to do the job. The older guy with him was fine with it, but the young guy would NOT do it. YG was also incredibly rude and made some very crude inappropriate comments to Jess. I was FURIOUS.

We cancelled them, refused to pay even a PENNY for them showing up because of the way they behaved, and will move the big stuff with a uhaul. It will be a LOT easier!

husband was teaching a hs technical class for the end of Apr and most of May. The last day of classes he was given classes to teach to businesses and adult students going into certain programs. It is several months of work at a great rate. He also has a great chance of teaching the hs class next year which would be a HUGE good thing for us!

husband was so afraid that I would freak because his classes for the summer started this week! He wasn't prepared for me to be happy and to not get into a tizzy. I am glad it is a job, and one he loves, and the move will happen as it happens. I finally have learned that all I get from being so upset is a headache and a lot of hassle. I guess I AM growing up, at least in some ways.

Anyway, that is all we are up to. I hope that y'all are doing well, and you are all in my prayers.

Ktllc

Susie, nice to hear from you.
I guess you ARE growing up LOL.
Despite the stress, looks like that some good things are happening for your family.
A good dose of excedrine and you'll be ready to tackle the next challenge! ;)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I wish the movers had been better behaved, because it is nice to have them move the big stuff. When husband and I moved from the apartment to here we called in a company for the furniture. Interestingly, though, I knew who to call, because I set up moves for military personnel for a living back then... LOL!

Still, I love the happy in your post!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wish you'd had a better experience with the movers too. I actually prefer movers. LOL But so far I've had only good experience.

I hope the move finishes up ok and with a LOT less hassle. Just remember how much you're going to enjoy the new place. It helps. :)

((hugs))

L

Liahona

That is a really happy post for someone who has had 5 days of migraines. I don't think I'd be coherent much less able to co-ordinate a move. Way to go you! Those movers picked the wrong warrior mom to mess with. Hope they learned their lesson. Glad husband has work. Hope to see you back here soon.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Glad to 'see' you! Sorry for the migraines, but I know that once you are settled in, all will be well. Hugs, it's a lot to take in all at once. Best of luck to H in his new endeavors-sounds like a nice fit!

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Sorry about the moving co, but very glad to hear about your H's job opportunity. Hope the migraine goes away and stays away.

klmno

I was wondering how it was going for you. I know it;'s a PITA- hang in there and remember it will actually END at some point. I'm gald you were able to see your husband needed some support- although I understand why you would be frustrated, too. Keep us informed- we care about you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOLY SMOKES~!.........

sooooooooo whatdcha get me? I mean you did move somewhere new right? lol

HUgs - It'll be over soon.....UGH. Hugs and more hugs
Love
Star

TerryJ2

OMd*G! What a bunch of jerks!
I'm so sorry.
Hey, I'm getting over a migraine, too. I feel for you.
Glad the job and the emotional reaction are AOK. :)
And that you're getting reception for your laptop at a bookstore cafe. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
We are still in OK and my husband says he will NEVER again live anywhere else. He hated living in Cincy. The new place is 10 min from the old one, so not a big move. We are at the old house getting some stuff with my mom's van. Terry, if you still need my addy, let me know, though we will still get mail at the old house for a few weeks and then will have it forwarded. Hugs to everyone!

by the way, i wish excedrin would work, it would be another option at least. sadly i am allergic to aspirin and NSAIDS incluing motrin, aleve, and all rx ones. I am currently losing 15-20+ days a month to migraines. I looked at my headache calendar last night and am totally bummed by this. I hope that the doctor can do something when I see him in July. At least it isn't a new health issue - i have had them since I was a preschooler. I just am thankful for imitrex!!

lovemysons

Ouch Sus, I cringe at the thought of having a migraine 15 to 20 days a month, OH MY!
I know you've been battling those headaches for years now...I am so very sorry it continues.

Congrats on the new house...but, sigh on the Movers. I'm reminded of that children's story. You know the one with the little red hen who says "I'll do it myself!" smile...and that's just what YOU did.

Hugs and love,
LMS

InsaneCdn

SusieStar... Those migraines... You have tried so much, you probably have already tried these, but... just in case...
have you tried ginger? It affects both the headache, and the nausea that often goes with it. K2 says the ginger makes a huge difference in the "coping" level... if she can cut the nausea, then she can still do "some" stuff, rather than shutting down.

and pepperment and/or camomile? either in tea, or aromatherapy. I know you don't handle scents in general... and you definitely would not want artificial version of these, has to be the real thing. But pure food-grade peppermint oil can sometimes help.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks all! I am back at the bookstore. Still trying to get a few pieces of furniture out of the house, and frustrted because a storm killed the a/c t the new house.

Terry - we are still in OK, about 5 miles from our old house. Owner is sending someone to fix the a/c tomorrow. Seems a neighbor also had his a/c fried by the bad storm we had.

Thanks for the suggestions of ginger, peppermint and chamomile. Mint makes the migraines worse and I can't stand ginger in much. I tried it a few years ago because it helps with nausea, but it wasn't a good thing with my idiot migraines. I am about at the point where I am going to start giving the migraines names like George and Ralph. They seem to visit so often that they need them, lol.

Hugs and pryaers for all of you. Hopefully in a few weeks we will have internet. husband threw his back out yesterday, while NOT moving anything/doing anything. I thought he would when we had the uhaul on sat, but he didn't, lol. He bent over to pick up sock off the floor and out it went. I gave him some medications and the kids thought he was totally stoned because he started singing EVERYTHING he said. He was just messing with them, but it was funny to see their reactions! (his medications, not mine. I just keep track of them because he can't remember what medication does what)

klmno

I'm sorry to hear about husband. It sounds like the worst of the move is over though so that's a good thing. You'll be back on here regularly before you know it!