Possible Idiot question - computer people please!

susiestar

Roll With It
If I buy a movie from Amazon on demand, where they send it to you over the internet, can I record it to a dvd to play on the tv or does it have to stay on my computer? Can I use it on other computers by signing into my account or do I have to only use it on one?

Also, if you use the rental instead of purchase at amazon, how do they keep you from recording it? I wouldn't, jsut because the six or ten buck difference isn't worth my self esteem, but I wondered because I can see the kids asking if it was okay to do or their friends telling them it was and them believing it. thank you esp would fall into that trap.

Thanks.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually, you can record them to dvd. I know this because Travis does it all the time, or did back when he had cash to buy them. As for the rentals, you can do it with them too, although you really shouldn't. And like you, pride prevents any desire to do so.

Now he does download my sims games via the web for me to try..........then I go out and buy them. Because I'm sorry after you've been burned paying out 60 bucks for a game you hate a couple of times that you can't return......well, it's just better that way. I always buy a legal copy though, always. Self pride demands it. I just don't want to pay 60 bucks for something I can't return if I hate it.

susiestar

Roll With It
I totally understand what you mean about forking out a ton for things that you end up not liking. I have major sams issues with this, lol. If it is a new brand or scent, esp in soap, shampoo, etc... I just will NOT do it there. I don't want that much of it around or to waste the money.

I am glad I am not the only one who won't copy them if I don't buy them. I have a sort of odd rep around here. If one of the kids is hungry I go and buy a banana and pay for it. If we grab something packaged I don't pay before we shop but always make sure to pay. I get so angry when i see people taking pieces of fruit or veggies and just chomping them with-o paying. they had to get tough here because it was killing hte produce dept profits! But I also get comments at the movies because years ago I insisted on paying for popcorn that one of wiz' friends scammed from them.

Yes, I get odd looks but I also get amazing service! Thanks!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You know it's kind of funny... When I was about 7 is when Fruit Roll-Ups became popular - only they were BIG, then. I was grocery shopping with my Grandma and asked for one... She wanted me to eat it in the store, because she wasn't sure I'd like it. I out-stubborned her - I wasn't going to eat it before it was paid for. (She made me sit in the kitchen to eat it when we got home, because it was sticky... LOL!)

I'm still like that. If it is absolutely necessary, I'll give the kids a dollar and have them go buy something.

However - I have no problem with downloads - teasers, not the whole thing. If I like it, I'll buy it (or go see it, or what have you).