Posting here and General to share important safety tip.

DDD

I didn't know this and want to make sure that you all are also informed. If an unmarked carattempts to pull you over, you can call a dispatcher at *112 on your cell phone to explain that you want verification before pulling off the road. They will check and if it is not a police car they will dispatch police to pull the impostor over and check him out. One young girl was in this situation at night and remembered what her parents had told her. Turns out the driver of the unmarked car was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes. This applies in all 50 states, so it can be used wherever you are should the circumstances arise. It makes me feel safer just knowing about it. Wanted to share with you guys. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I didn't know about the number you could call. But I did have state patrol tell me that if an unmarked car attempts to pull over a woman alone.........they don't hold it against her if she doesn't pull over as long as she reports it. We've been having a huge rash of these recently, both night and day.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No police officer that is a REAL OFFICER OF THE LAW will hold it against you if you drive to the nearest WELL-LIT police station.

I've done this more than once, including when someone was following me. THEY disappeared as soon as they discovered it was a "cop shop".