Posts of Personal Nature

KTMom91

This is the only support I really have. My mother hinders more than helps, Hubby has primarily the same issues as Miss KT, there are no support groups or information resources locally that fit, she doesn't have an IEP or 504, and the rest of the family alternates between thinking I'm either a terrible mom or Miss KT is an absolute lunatic. I feel very very lonely way too often...and then I check the posts...and gather strength from the other strong and wonderful moms and dads who spend their days doing the best they can for their children. Thank you.

F

flutterbee

Honestly, even though I have support off the board, the support I get from the board members just seems more genuine. It's hard to meet people in daily life who know what we are going through. Who have been there done that. So, when I'm looking for specific advice or support, I know I can come here.

This site, for me, isn't an in-addition-to place. It's the best place I've found for it. I think part of it is that in writing things out, as Scent of Cedar said, is cathartic, as well as helping us put our thoughts in order. And when you write it out, it's much better defined than you would probably find in a typical conversation. And since soooo many of us have been there done that, the advice and support is going to be more meaningful.

While you may have friends and family with kids, having a difficult child completely changes everything. You have different struggles, different battles, different needs. It has an effect on the child and the family. And unless people have lived it, it's very hard to understand.

Just my thoughts....

4sumrzn

I'm not sure I can add to what everyone else has said & said so well. I can add that this cyber family saves me on days that I need it. I don't get to respond as much as I would like to...sometimes it takes me hours to respond to one post. Sometimes it takes me hours to even post one of my own. When I do post, I don't always get a huge response.....but it's OK. I feel better getting it out & taking the responses I do get as helpful. Like I said....landing here has helped in so many ways. I don't think you should feel like you need to apologize at all.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Michelle do not apologize!!! EVER

We get it OK??? As for friends and feeling alone, we get that too... I have some support... but since this... you know the kids thing? I have found myself so isolated. Just yesterday, my neighbor who I really like. Said to me when we were talking about us moving, she is not happy about it.
"Well why don't you just give it some time? I knew a young girl who had severe tantrums, and she outgrew them, she is doing great now"
I know she meant well, but this is someone who knows K is BiPolar (BP), knows she has been hospitalized for 5 weeks... yet she is looking me in the eye... telling me she might out grow this!!!
and why do I feel isolated sometimes???
This is one reason why I LOVE this place... I have been up since 3:30 this morning with K... she is manic. But she might outgrow this !?!?!? DOH, maybe I should bring her over to the neighbor!!!! LOL
I hope you are feeling better today!!!