Power of the board needed...... Please?

T

TeDo

As most of you know, difficult child is having problems at his new school. I finally got an email from SpEd that he is sorry about the delay in getting back to me. He was out sick.

Anyway, he informed me that a meeting has been scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow (Thursday). County social worker will be able to go with me. Spoke to an advocate for an hour, she can't come on such short notice, and she gave me some excellent questions to ask and responses to give in various situations.

Now I need some board mojo to help me convince the school to work with me. I also need some juju that I don't back down/shut down and keep the courage I've got right now to continue to fight for difficult child. He wants to go to school there and right now I want to make that happen. Him still wanting to go back given how things were at the old school and the way things have started at theis school shows me how courageous he has become.

Thanks.

Steely

Sending all the positive vibes I have got....kudos to difficult child being so tenacious....and to you for having the determination to make a difference. Hugs.

L

Liahona

You can do it! You have been so awesome this school year so far trying to work with them. You can do it!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Pretzeling body parts (salt & mustard included), rattling beads, and praying... You are a warrior mom, and you will do great! I'll be thinking of you at 2:00 PM (my time).

DDD

Sending support your way as well as a suggestion. Make a list to take with you. It will help you stay on target and show that you are prepared. Also, make notes of what responses you get as you go down the list. This interactive style of advocacy will show in a subtle way that this is not just a "visit" but an actual "meeting" addrssing concerns. You can do it! Hugs. DDD

trinityroyal

Sending strength, courage, and polish for your Warrior Mom armour. You can borrow my rhino-skin suit too!
Many hugs,
Trinity