Pray PO doesnt show up tonite!

DammitJanet

Cory got a job the day he was told to get one. It is a pretty good job but its in the next county. We simply have no jobs that pay anything near us. Cory works construction and our county is not growing. He did get a letter from his employer saying that he works X amount of hours but that he could end up working overtime at some point. The letter was given to the PO.

Normally he gets home around 6 to 6:30. Today he called his father...after he couldnt reach me...at work around 6:15. He borrowed someones cell phone. They hadnt even left the job site and his curfew is 7! It takes them at least 50 mins or so to get home.

As you can see by the time of my post...its almost quarter after 7 and he isnt home. I know he is in transit but oh please dont let that guy come and get him in trouble for doing what is right!!!

I did call the guys voicemail and leave him a message explaining...hope I didnt get him in trouble doing that...sigh.

He showed up yesterday so maybe he wont show today.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope it worked out okay, Janet. I'm proud of him for calling. Good for Cory!

Suz

meowbunny

I think (hope) most POs are reasonable -- given that he'll be late due to work circumstances, it should be a good mitigating reason. Maybe Cory should talk to the PO and ask whom he should call the next time something like this occurs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The things we worry about as Moms -

:) Maybe you could "entertain" Mr. Hunk if he shows up and take his mind off Cory.

SLAPPING MY owwwwwwwwwwwn hand. Bad Star. No dinner for you.

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope it worked out ok. I mean, he is working afterall, and can't really help transportation problems.

hugs

DammitJanet

PO never showed up...but then he doesnt show everyday...its haphazard. Now I get to worry about if I messed him up by calling and leaving voicemail. Sigh.

He gave me a card with his work and home number on it but I cant find it for nothing.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Surely not. I'd hope the man has enough brains to know construction workers work overtime and if it can be verified with boss, to leave it alone.

And surely he will...he'll have enough real probelms to deal with. Heck, I've never even heard of PO's actually showing up much.

DammitJanet

Corys on Intensive probation which is just short of house arrest. He has been on it for about two weeks now and the guy has shown up at least 3 times a week.

Ya know what almost worries me? When Cory doesnt work overtime he gets home about 6:30. Its entirely possible that Cory could be in the shower when the guy shows up...lol. I guess I could invite the guy in to yell through the door.

meowbunny

Janet, gut feeling is that if you say Cory is in the shower, he'll wait until he gets out and Cory better look squeaky clean with wet hair. Is Cory wearing an ankle bracelet?

Personally, I think you did the right thing in calling it in. The PO already knows Cory is working out of the county and knows he is in a field where overtime happens. It is important that the Occupational Therapist (OT) be reported so that the PO can show that not only is Cory working, but is working his tail off. While the Occupational Therapist (OT) might make him late, it has to look good (as long as Cory doesn't do anything foolish like stop and have a beer on his way home).

DammitJanet

Cory doesnt have an ankle bracelet yet but he probably will have one after next week. He goes to court on the 13th I think to finalize his plea agreement. He signed it monday but it has to go to court. I think he will be on house arrest for two months, then 6 months of more intensive. It appears to me that his intensives will overlap but then I am just a mom...lol.