Prayer request for a young girl

Andy

who just lost her dad. This third grade girl grew up learning about cancer. Her mom was diagnosed when she was an infant and the cancer keeps coming back every few years. Even now she is in chemo treatments. Hard enough for a daughter to endure.

The dad was the strong one in the family. Caring for the daughter's needs when mom was ill. Then just before Thanksgiving, he was diagnosed with brain, lung, and kidney cancer. I received a call just a moment ago that he passed away a few hours ago. So very sad. He was a very nice guy - active in our church.

This is going to be extremely hard for the little girl and her friends at our very small school (21 kids K - 6th). Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

A hard announcement to be made at Easter Services tomorrow. This happened so fast that I am sure there are members who may not have realized what he and the family have been going through this winter. Hopefully the telephone lines are reaching most of the congregation to prepare them for the announcement.

I am hoping the funeral is not on Monday since that is the only day this week I wouldn't be able to attend. We think some arrangements were being made on Thursday as we left town so there is a possibility of services on Monday - maybe if it is morning we can get there.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Andy...that is so sad. At that age she will have memories, good and bad. I'll be thinking of the family and your community.

Abbey