Prayers, beads, good thoughts and juju

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Jul 28, 2008.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

A couple of hours after husband and I got home from taking care of Taz, my sister called. (I have 3 sibs from my Dad and Step-mom....20 yr. old sis-A, 17 yr. old brother-G and 14 yr. old sis-S)

My step mom (M) had a nasty cardiac episode today (the doctor's aren't calling it a heart attack yet. I think they suspect some sort of stroke or similar happening in conjunction with the heart thing). My sister A had to do chest compressions until the ambulance got there. The EMT's wound up having to zap M as her heart had stopped. She's now sedated and on a vent in the cardiac ICU. They are going to do a heart cath in the morning to see what they can see and also some sort of brain function test. I'm so thankful that A was there (and so damn proud of her too!) to keep M alive until the ambulance got there. I'm also grateful in a way that S wasn't home. I don't know how she would have handled it and she didn't need to see any of that.

Right now, Dad is at the hospital and myself, A and G are at their house. A grabbed a quick shower and is going back. G and I will stay the night here and go up in the morning.

So....that's the story as I know it so far. I'm staying up here for I don't know how long yet and am using my brother's computer. I'll update when I can.

Any prayers, thoughts, beads, naked liver dances....whatever you got....we need right now.
  2. klmno

klmno Active Member

What a horrible day you have had- sending prayers and thoughts and rattling beads for your family. Sending {{HUGS}} to you...
  3. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

If you think a naked chicken liver dance will help, I'm game. Hopefully it will scare her heart back in sync and all will be well again.

klmno is right- this day for you really stinks.

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'll be sure to strip and do my best funky chicken with Herbert tonight out on the lawn if that will help... Sending hugs and many prayers up for M's health! Keep us posted!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

My neighbors won't appreciate it, and Mr Rowdy will laugh at me, but I'll be doing the nakkeed chicken dance tonight. Ought to be interesting with all my body parts crossed! (no one ever said this was a boring neighborhood)

Prayers being said. Sounds like M was very fortunate to have a quick thinking A there when it happened. Hopefully not permanent damage was done.

Many hugs to all of you. Please keep us updated.

6. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Prayers first of all.

Now, where is the chicken dance?

7. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Abbey, the naked chicken liver dance conga line is assembling at midnight in my back yard. We'll make room for you when you get here. (no granny panties allowed)

8. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I will definitely rattle some beads for your step mom. I hope she isn't in pain. If she's sedated, it's unlikely she's in pain.
    Do I have to be naked to do the chicken liver dance? Or is the chicken naked?
    If it would help her (and if she had a good sense of humor) I would do it.

Take care. I know how it feels to sit vigil by the ph, Mstang. been there done that.
  9. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Prayers going out.
    Dear Heavenly Father, Reach out, Grab hold of this family and their (step)mom and wife and hold them in your hands. Give them doctors. and nurses with knowledge and compassion. Wrap them in hope and faith.
  10. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

I will jump on to the naked chicken conga. Hope all turns out well. Many hugs.

11. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

I have taken all the clothes from the chicken livers and they are out dancing in the road at the present time....Tomorrow will be better!!!
  12. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Sending immediate prayers!
  13. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for your stepmom. Please keep us posted.
  14. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Adding in more prayers.
  15. nvts

nvts Active Member

Lots of prayers coming your way for the entire family. I'm sure everything will work out - great job of them working on her until the ambulance arrived. You are so right to be proud.

I'm also thinking of you, husband and Taz. Keep in mind that he's now pain free and having a ball tearing through the Milk Bone Fields in heaven!

God bless you and yours!

16. TerryJ2

How is she today?
  17. TerryJ2

And how are YOU today?
  18. Star*

Star* call 911

---other than the fact that I was arrested for standing on the plow in the garden buck naked with livers taped to my elbows - I'm saying a prayer for you from my cell.

They gave me a robe - I refuse to wear it.

I pray everything is good with your step mom and you and your family.
  19. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Rattling beads!

I'm off to go spring Star. Can someone give me a towel to cover her up with?
  20. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Saying prayers, sending good thoughts, and rattling beads. Keep us posted.

I'd do the naked chicken liver dance, but the neighbors would go blind. It's a whole public safety issue.