Prayers, beads, good thoughts and juju

mstang67chic

Going Green
A couple of hours after husband and I got home from taking care of Taz, my sister called. (I have 3 sibs from my Dad and Step-mom....20 yr. old sis-A, 17 yr. old brother-G and 14 yr. old sis-S)

My step mom (M) had a nasty cardiac episode today (the doctor's aren't calling it a heart attack yet. I think they suspect some sort of stroke or similar happening in conjunction with the heart thing). My sister A had to do chest compressions until the ambulance got there. The EMT's wound up having to zap M as her heart had stopped. She's now sedated and on a vent in the cardiac ICU. They are going to do a heart cath in the morning to see what they can see and also some sort of brain function test. I'm so thankful that A was there (and so damn proud of her too!) to keep M alive until the ambulance got there. I'm also grateful in a way that S wasn't home. I don't know how she would have handled it and she didn't need to see any of that.

Right now, Dad is at the hospital and myself, A and G are at their house. A grabbed a quick shower and is going back. G and I will stay the night here and go up in the morning.

So....that's the story as I know it so far. I'm staying up here for I don't know how long yet and am using my brother's computer. I'll update when I can.

Any prayers, thoughts, beads, naked liver dances....whatever you got....we need right now.

klmno

What a horrible day you have had- sending prayers and thoughts and rattling beads for your family. Sending {{HUGS}} to you...

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If you think a naked chicken liver dance will help, I'm game. Hopefully it will scare her heart back in sync and all will be well again.

klmno is right- this day for you really stinks.

Hugs,
Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll be sure to strip and do my best funky chicken with Herbert tonight out on the lawn if that will help... Sending hugs and many prayers up for M's health! Keep us posted!

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My neighbors won't appreciate it, and Mr Rowdy will laugh at me, but I'll be doing the nakkeed chicken dance tonight. Ought to be interesting with all my body parts crossed! (no one ever said this was a boring neighborhood)

Prayers being said. Sounds like M was very fortunate to have a quick thinking A there when it happened. Hopefully not permanent damage was done.

Many hugs to all of you. Please keep us updated.

((((hugs)))))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Abbey, the naked chicken liver dance conga line is assembling at midnight in my back yard. We'll make room for you when you get here. (no granny panties allowed)

Suz

TerryJ2

I will definitely rattle some beads for your step mom. I hope she isn't in pain. If she's sedated, it's unlikely she's in pain.
Do I have to be naked to do the chicken liver dance? Or is the chicken naked?
If it would help her (and if she had a good sense of humor) I would do it.

Take care. I know how it feels to sit vigil by the ph, Mstang. been there done that.

everywoman

Prayers going out.
Dear Heavenly Father, Reach out, Grab hold of this family and their (step)mom and wife and hold them in your hands. Give them doctors. and nurses with knowledge and compassion. Wrap them in hope and faith.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I have taken all the clothes from the chicken livers and they are out dancing in the road at the present time....Tomorrow will be better!!!

nvts

Lots of prayers coming your way for the entire family. I'm sure everything will work out - great job of them working on her until the ambulance arrived. You are so right to be proud.

I'm also thinking of you, husband and Taz. Keep in mind that he's now pain free and having a ball tearing through the Milk Bone Fields in heaven!

God bless you and yours!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
---other than the fact that I was arrested for standing on the plow in the garden buck naked with livers taped to my elbows - I'm saying a prayer for you from my cell.

They gave me a robe - I refuse to wear it.

I pray everything is good with your step mom and you and your family.

F

flutterbee

Saying prayers, sending good thoughts, and rattling beads. Keep us posted.

I'd do the naked chicken liver dance, but the neighbors would go blind. It's a whole public safety issue.